• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Are you on an Easyjet holiday cheap flight and sleep on the beach?
    I drove Greta down, 2100km via Normandy, Pays de Loire, Occitanie, Provence to Alpes Maritime.

Villefranche sur Mer is not exactly a budget holiday destination...

Drive back on Saturday on a direct route via Dijon.

4.2l V8 averaged 31.8mpg so far.

I've not seen a single UK car here since leaving Honfleur 7 September.
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

I've been with network solutions for an age. I know I'm not necessarily getting value for money but not sure where's best to move to?

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
        I drove Greta down, 2100km via Normandy, Pays de Loire, Occitanie, Provence to Alpes Maritime.

Villefranche sur Mer is not exactly a budget holiday destination...

Drive back on Saturday on a direct route via Dijon.

4.2l V8 averaged 31.8mpg so far.

I've not seen a single UK car here since leaving Honfleur 7 September.
        oh, is it an XK coupe?
        i just looked, and they can be picked up for under 10K.
        hmmmmmm. <rubs chin>

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          I'm thinking of just moving all mine into AWS Route 53, as I already have a few domains there. Though I may keep some useful ones elsewhere, to avoid the eggs-in-basket syndrome.
          I have a few scattered around at the moment and need to move away from namecheap as they annoyed me last year (long story slightly my fault but mainly their processes and lead times). so you then have to decide whether to use AWS or someone else and I like the fact cloudfront also run 1.1.1.1 so that swings it there as it probably gives some users millisecond faster lookup speeds.

but for LM - namecheap is cheap and more than good enough if you aren't a complete techie.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            I've been with network solutions for an age. I know I'm not necessarily getting value for money but not sure where's best to move to?
            Not sure about value for money, but from a technical/support perspective, I've heard a lot of praise recently for Mythic Beasts.

Now Easily have broken their wildcard email domain stuff (which means I've been missing all kinds of AWS alerts), I'm thinking of using them for all the domains I have that previously relied on that. I've still got about nine months left on the Easily contract for my primary domain's email hosting, so that would give me enough time to decide whether I wanted to move that over to them too, even if I don't host the domain with them.

Comment

I just had to go to the Wayback Machine as Easily moved my stuff to a new database server well over a year ago but didn't tell me. They've just killed the original database server, and this meant that a blog post I wrote in January had vanished, as the new DB server (which took me ages to track down in their abysmal web interface, and for which they hadn't provided me with a password) had a replica from before that.

Luckily the Archive had grabbed a copy of my site from after the post but before the switch, so I was able to re-create it. But there were several draft posts which contained useful notes about stuff I'm currently working on which are now lost

Comment

Luckily the Archive had grabbed a copy of my site from after the post but before the switch, so I was able to re-create it. But there were several draft posts which contained useful notes about stuff I'm currently working on which are now lost
                Though thinking about it, I have a weekly automated backup set up, but only going back a few weeks; as they also didn't tell me when they killed the old DB server, it's possible a backup containing those drafts exists, or it may now have been overwritten. BRB, going to FTP stuff

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  oh, is it an XK coupe?
                  i just looked, and they can be picked up for under 10K.
                  hmmmmmm. <rubs chin>
                  Narp. XJ8
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Though thinking about it, I have a weekly automated backup set up, but only going back a few weeks; as they also didn't tell me when they killed the old DB server, it's possible a backup containing those drafts exists, or it may now have been overwritten. BRB, going to FTP stuff
                    Got them

Comment

Not sure about value for money, but from a technical/support perspective, I've heard a lot of praise recently for Mythic Beasts.

Now Easily have broken their wildcard email domain stuff (which means I've been missing all kinds of AWS alerts), I'm thinking of using them for all the domains I have that previously relied on that. I've still got about nine months left on the Easily contract for my primary domain's email hosting, so that would give me enough time to decide whether I wanted to move that over to them too, even if I don't host the domain with them.
                      Email isn't a problem for me - corporate stuff is in exchange online (for good reasons), personal stuff is on a grandfathered (and free) Google GSuite account - so the family all have appropriate email addresses..
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X