• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dinner was beans on toast, using up the half tin left over from yesterday.

I then decided an egg on top would be nice but broke the yolk when I accidentally dropped the egg shell onto it. This meant I had to fry up an extra egg.

Good job I'd already gone for two slices of toast. Sourdough, from Ole and Steen.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I vaguely remember quite liking that one
      It appears to have been purchased from Woolies long long ago for £3.

It has the usual bulltulipe about not being rental etc. that is non fastforwardable, always an irritation.

And trailers for other stuff that FF does work on, thankfully.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Trundling done against the morrow

Comment

Apparently a young bloke was stabbed in the leg after being attacked by a gang armed with hammers and machetes just up the road at teatime

Comment

Trundling done.

Bed made.

Packing done (just work things to sort out tomorrow)

Bed time.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Apparently a young bloke was stabbed in the leg after being attacked by a gang armed with hammers and machetes just up the road at teatime
              And I thought my neighbourhood was heading downhill because there was a Morrisons delivery van parked outside my block of flats today!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                And I thought my neighbourhood was heading downhill because there was a Morrisons delivery van parked outside my block of flats today!
                It's been bumping along the bottom for years round here

In fact, according to the local copper when asked at one of the Neighbourhood Watch meetings a while ago, it's only in very specific areas that they get a lot of crime reported. The block I'm on is generally fine, but up the side streets on the other side of the road is worse, and it generally gets worse further up towards town except for a couple of streets which, probably not coincidentally, have slightly larger (but still terraced) houses and a greater number of owner-occupiers. There's even one street up towards the town end where the crime all happens in the half of it nearest the main road; nothing seems to happen on the further half

Comment

I had a rest from the telly tonight, instead starting to read Night of Camp David by Fletcher Knebel, emblazoned in large letters on the cover with the words "What if the President of the USA went stark staring mad?" A bestseller in 1965, it was for some reason republished a couple of years ago

In fact I started to read it some months ago but wasn't in the mood; I started again from the beginning, and it seems OK.

And once I'd finished the first chapter, I also browsed a few more days of Sam Pepys' diary for 1664.

Goodnight all

Comment

Bonjour, again... Two café créme, plus croissant and a pain au chocolat. Sat on the quayside absorbing life. C'est la vie...

VPN server on Raspi (Wireguard) working very well. Took all of 15 minutes to set up.
                    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

morning all.
                      hazy sunshine in shivery sarf herts.
                      TFIF.

Comment

Working...
                      X