• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently they're making a film next year about the discovery of Richard III's remains, starring Steve Coogan.

I hope it makes it clear that it wasn't a public car park, it was the private car park of the council's Social Services department, because I'm tired of having to explain that to people who don't know Leicester

On the evening of the day they uncovered him*, an archaeologist I remembered from university days (he was a year or two after me) came in the back bar of the pub and told the five or six of us in there that it was definitely him, though he wasn't allowed to tell us why they were so certain at that point

*They found there was a skeleton there on the Monday but didn't excavate it then; apparently they go along taking off the top layer, then decide where to concentrate their efforts. So they left him covered up with a tarp, then on Wednesday they went back and did the careful bit with the trowel and the little brush, which was the first time they saw his spine and realised what they'd got.

Comment

That'll be exciting, eh?
      I can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        Dinner has been more stovies,with a cheddar and parmesan topping.
        oh, and more Rioja.
        Ents? probably more of the village with the short life expectancy.

happy Monday
        now it's got a top class rugby team.
        What next? - a naval base? RAF squadron? SAS barracks?
        some bloody village.

Comment

That'll be exciting, eh?
          I can't wait.
          They'll have to use CGI for the adjacent road, because its been pedestrianised now

Comment

Dinner was more Nepalese left overs. The gift that keeps on giving. I was disappointed by the aubergine dish which was too greasy for me and not a flavour/texture combo that I enjoyed. Shame as aubergine is one of my favourite veggies.

Ents, after faffing with my new TV set up, was Episode 1 of BBC Four - Africa's Great Civilisations, followed by TdF rest day highlights then Episode 2 of the aforementioned series. It's very interesting.

Comment

now it's got a top class rugby team.
              What next? - a naval base? RAF squadron? SAS barracks?
              some bloody village.
              I caught a bit while waiting for TdF highlights over the weekend. I was mightily confused as they were all in period dress and thought it was some Downton does Midsomer Murders mash up.

Comment

Watching "The Diagnosis Detectives" and the US man's skin condition is making me itch and scratch.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Watching "The Diagnosis Detectives" and the US man's skin condition is making me itch and scratch.
                  No spoilers!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    No spoilers!
                    If you have anything weird and can't get a proper diagnosis you should go on this program.

Comment

Ok so the US guy has chronic eczema but it hasn't been treated properly. Partly because he didn't know the NHS would treat him free, and partly because his doctors didn't him follow up properly.

Comment

Working...
                      X