• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    I'm sure there's a possibility of some Klingon Opera detailing the Great Lentil Hunt of Lockdown.
    I really should go back to that Indian supermarket up the road now they're (presumably) stocked up again. I'm sure things like rice, lentils, spices and so on would turn out much cheaper there than in Sainsbury's or wherever

Comment

Entertainment:

HSB S7 E5 "I Come on My Knees "

HSB S7 E6 "Say Uncle " wherein Renko is cursed by a "Gypsy" and gets "bitten" on the nose by a bee (maybe septic bees bite instead of sting, who knows?). Being a Renko type ep, it's more than averagely irritating, as always when he gets to do his schtick.

HSB S7 E7 "Amazing Grace " wherein the luscious & oversexed Grace Gardener (Phil's squeeze) returns to the precinct as a nun and Buntz gets the finger.

HSB S7 E8 "Falling from Grace " wherein Grace's animal passions come to the fore in an un-nunlike way and Buntz gets his revenge.

Rapidly approaching The End now.

I don't remember very much of S7, I think it must be 10 or 15 years since it was repeated on 4.

Hope that BR14 watches this still since his favourite Fay Furillo doesn't appear more than twice in S6 & S7.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 August 2020, 21:30.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

Late tonight, due to getting some finished off

Comment

Just finished reading Alas, Babylon. It's very good, I thought, as post-apocalyptic stories go

Down to a sensible 11°C outside now, and 21° within. There was a nice just-past-full moon out there earlier, but it's moved round to the end of the terrace now.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Dry.

Dull.

White sky.

Grey.

Sunless.

Cooler at 19.7 deg in here.

1014 mBar.

Tuesday according to reports.

<hiatus>

One neglected to mention the six buckets of apples collected & despatched to the compost heap yesterday.

Almost done.

The chainsaw temptation is getting stronger again.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 August 2020, 09:01.

Comment

Morning denizens

Quite grey out, though sometimes the high cloud is thin enough to create the illusion of being sunny

15°C so far, heading for 21° according to the forecast. It's still around 21° in here though

Comment

Exercise bicycling done, green ring closed

Comment

Trip to the bank to get money, trip to Morrisons to get stuff I forgot on Sunday, TV Times bought in the post office, walk walked.

During which walk it decided to rain on me.

Shower showered.

Lunch: pea and ham soup (Heinz) with Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Comment

Bacon butty (wholemeal) for lunch, done in the Nigel Slater style of quickly frying the inside face of the bread in the fat left after cooking the rashers

Still grey here and rather breezy with it. No showers though; although it was suggested there might be some earlier, they never materialised.

Comment

Working...
                      X