• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kurt and the SA boy covered me while I made my way down into the dip.
    There were 7 dead and 2 seriousely wounded, one of whom was a cuban.
    I grabbed the cuban by his jacket and pulled him away from the smoldering remains of another man and tried to question him.
    He was too far gone and way beyond what medical help we could get.
    He was crying and clutching at my arm.
    I used the knife, and made it quick and as painless as I could.
    Kurt and the SA had joined me by this time and were going through pockets as quickly as possible, looking for intel.
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

i didn't think i would get it (free beer) last week since that would be setting a precedence (two weeks in a row). tonight will tell.

Comment

A commotion on the ridge above made us scrabble for cover until we heard a "clear" call from Torchy.
        We called him Torchy coz he was an artillaryman gedit -Artillary Battery = torchy >Torchy Torchy the battery boy only the oldsters on here will get that one
        Last edited by Diver; 31 July 2007, 16:51.

Comment

We had already made enough noise so the NCO ordered the Mortars to be spiked.
          Lovely bang it made too, lit up the whole area.
          We quickly made our way back to the bivy and another watch was posted.
          We three hero's spent the next hour under canvas having thorns pulled from various parts of our bodies.

Comment

7 more posts to 1100

Comment

The NCo woke at dawn and we moved out on foot, leaving the truck behind was a tough decision but we would be more effective on foot.
              The two encounters that we'd had had both been infiltrations from the east, the right flank of delta.
              We moved East.

Comment

We soon crosed the tracks of the squad that we'd hit during the night and I suggested backtracking them.
                We followed the tracks for almost a mile and found the staging area that they had used.
                One of the SA boys was a superb tracker and pointed out that there had originally been 23 men in the group and they had split into three squads.
                He even pointed out where 6 mortar plates had been set down.
                We now knew that there were two more squads somewhere in the bush to our north west.

Comment

The first squad that we had encountered had been too far to the west to have been from the same group as the second so we assumed that there may have been a further two squads to the wester flank of the battlegroup.
                  The NCO called it in and we set of to follow the set of tracks that headed almost directly North.
                  It took us only an hour to find the first squad. They had set up in a thicket and were probably waiting for targets of oppertunity.
                  There were six men in the thicket and a seventh in the fork of a tree with binoculars looking north.

Comment

They had their backs to us, and there is no such thing a a gentlemanly bush fight.
                    We each picked a target and killed them quickly.
                    After going through their pockets and kit, we destroyed their weapons, or most of them anyway. their AK rounds would come in usefull as would their water.

Comment

We tried moving south to pick up the trail of the third squad but even our brilliant tracker was unable to find it.
                      We moved back to their staging area to pick up the trail there.
                      The trail lead NW but turned North after half a mile. It was late afternoon by this time and the third day of fighting. We were exhausted and worried about the rest of the men in Delta.
                      We had missed the crossing of paths the day before on hard ground. we had gone in a complete circle and were back where we had started that morning.

Comment

Working...
                      X