• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    I've never dropped a table.

Then again, I've never used sql whatever that is.
    It's a declarative language for defining, querying, and occasionally breaking databases

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

I've never dropped a table.

i have, nearly broke my bloody foot

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      It's a declarative language for defining, querying, and occasionally breaking databases
      when's the next episode of SQL ???

Comment

dinner has been a cottage pie thing, with garlic and chilli in the filling.
        very nice IIDSSM.
        yet more Rioja.
        and now to that death capital of Merrie Olde Englande, - midsomer.

Comment

It's been a long and busy day. I am fooked.

Huge headache hit at about meeting no.4 which I battled through until lunch time when I got something to eat and took some tablets. Had to have a lie down on the office floor during a gap between meetings in the afternoon.

Just about starting to feel more normal now.

Comment

anybody think BP might come back?
            i kinda miss im.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              anybody think BP might come back?
              i kinda miss im.
              Last time I messaged him on LinkedIn he didn't seem too inclined to return. Sent his regards and said he missed The Monday Links.

Comment

Sainsbury's are having a right laugh with my contents insurance renewal quote

I can get the same cover elsewhere for less than half what they want to charge me

Comment

Entertainment: HSB S2 E14: "The Young, the Beautiful and the Degraded" wherein stuff happens to our heroes.

Roswell: New Mexico S1 E9: "Songs About Texas" wherein our heroes go to Texas to consult a faith healer.

Yeeehaw!

Secret Nazi Bases: Bergkristal: The Atomic Threat on Yesterday.

which, oddly enough, isn't about Bergkristal but about Dag Bromberg, E6.

"Secret Nazi Bases" Hitler's Invisible City (Dag Bromberg) (TV Episode 2019) - IMDb

Oh. They were making nitroglycerin.

That's rather uninteresting.

We were doing much the same sort of thing.

No mention of the one legged stool for the operator.

Or the 18 deg C thing.

Lateral Science: Scottish Nitroglycerin & One Legged Stools
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 July 2020, 20:31.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Sainsbury's are having a right laugh with my contents insurance renewal quote

I can get the same cover elsewhere for less than half what they want to charge me
                    I don't have contents insurance. It's just stuff and I probably have too much anyway. The keepsakes could never be replaced and the replaceable stuff I wouldn't miss.

I know the main point of the insurance is to help reduce the financial impact of property loss but the chance of losing everything is slim and the cost of replacing one or two items is affordable.

Comment

Tea has been chicken tikka masala with the usual rice and naan

There's been a shower, but the sky seems to have cleared to see extent now

Oh, and trundling was done earlier to help pass the time on the second occasion that I reloaded the database from backup

Comment

Working...
                      X