• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Grey out, 9°C, and it’s clearly rained at some point

Ah well, it makes a change I suppose.

Busy day ahead, for Monkey Life starts at noon and runs for a whole seven hours!

Comment

Snow in Scotland according to the weatherman.

House half heartedly vacced, or rather the floor area that's easily accessible.

Which isn't much.

Lunch: roast beef, as extracted from the lower reaches of the freezer, interred there some time in 2018, rice pud done to a turn, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The beef was unexpectedly excellent, and the rice pud equally so.

Once I've recovered from the morning's endeavours, rubbed some more ibuprofen gel on my back, had a wee, and changed, it'll time for the Sunday afternoon trek to Tesco and Morrisons.

I may need to purchase further supplies of Fairy Liquid since I'm almost at the end of the enormous quantity bequeathed by Strangelove Mater in 2014.

I won't mention the even more enormous quantity of cooking salt which will be there until we have snow later today.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Buttered toast (wholemeal) for lunch

Got another family Zoom call later.

Comment

It’s getting windy out now

No sign of any snow, or even rain, though

Comment

No snow where I am either.

Laundry done. I was going to put it out on the line but opted for draping over the clothes horse instead

Comment

bins sorted and duly trundled.

lunch <a large pancake roll, as previously described> consumed
              earl grey drunk

a large pot of chicken, potato and chickpea madras on the hob.

hair cut and beard trimmed <6mm each>

shower showered.

knackered now.

beer o'clock Very soon, as i fecking deserve it, and nobody's going to deprive me of it.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                beer o'clock Very soon, as i fecking deserve it, and nobody's going to deprive me of it.

Enjoy!

Comment

Zoom call soon. I’ve finally remembered to set up series record of Monkey Life so I can catch up on the bits I miss later. The telly has a 3TB disk attached to it which is virtually empty apart from mudskipper’s appearances on Countdown, because I keep forgetting I can record stuff, and most stuff is either not worth recording or available on catchup anyway

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Zoom call soon. I’ve finally remembered to set up series record of Monkey Life so I can catch up on the bits I miss later. The telly has a 3TB disk attached to it which is virtually empty apart from mudskipper’s appearances on Countdown, because I keep forgetting I can record stuff, and most stuff is either not worth recording or available on catchup anyway
                      Whatever happened to "640k should be enough for anyone".

Trip to Tesco and Morrisons done.

Everything washed down in warm soapy water.

Sufficient replenishment of Fairy Liquid accomplished to last at least 18 months.

No inneresting Heinz soups purchased since it mostly seems to be Tomato & fecking Basil my little piranha fish.

Back grumbling away again, I was staggering around as if I had something stuck where the sun don't shine.

More ibuprofen gel required.

Now to portion up the lamb's liver so it comes back out of the freezer in suitable portions.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X