• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    cats have kneecaps??

well i never.
    The basics of feline anatomy for you...

Comment

Now watching "The Ascent of Man" with Jacob Bronowski.

<hiatus>

During episode one, we heard Adagio for Strings: Barber, bits of Pink Floyd though I can't place exactly where it comes from*, and some ?Bach? organ music.

*Possibly ?Astronomy Domine? which is not one of my favorites
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 April 2020, 21:24.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

For tea tonight, a classic from student days which I hadn’t had in a few years: curried mince and chips. Well nice

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Now watching "The Ascent of Man" with Jacob Bronowski.

<hiatus>

During episode one, we heard Adagio for Strings: Barber, bits of Pink Floyd though I can't place exactly where it comes from, and some ?Bach? organ music.
          I’ve got that on DVD, among my collection of “Great Documentary Series That I Really Should Get Around to Watching” (or watching again in some cases, as I probably saw a lot of TAoM for instance back in the 1970s).

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I’ve got that on DVD, among my collection of “Great Documentary Series That I Really Should Get Around to Watching” (or watching again in some cases, as I probably saw a lot of TAoM for instance back in the 1970s).
            Me too, I think I watched it some time in the 80s.

He had an inneresting war.

So that's they invented Operational Research for.

Currently watching the thing about Putin on 4.

We've had the pair who admired Salisbury cathedral.

I also have TAOM book and "Civilisation" on dvd with the book somewhere or other.

I knew where it was Next Door but things have moved around since then.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 April 2020, 21:22.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Me too, I think I watched it some time in the 80s.

He had an inneresting war.

So that's they invented Operational Research for.

Currently watching the thing about Putin on 4.

We've had the pair who admired Salisbury cathedral.

I also have TAOM book and "Civilisation" on dvd with the book somewhere or other.

I knew where it was Next Door but things have moved around since then.
              Civilisation is also in the aforementioned collection

Haven’t got either of the books though - I should get them.

Comment

After trundling the bins, I checked on my Fatsia.

It had perked up after watering but I'd noticed the other day that the new leaves were covered in something black. Possibly dirt, probably nasties.

I sprayed good and thorough with bug killer and saw to my satisfaction that the invasion had reduced.

I got some soapy water out and wiped off each leaf top and bottom to remove the rest. Hopefully I have saved the new leaves as a couple were starting to look a bit deformed.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  195, 311 today
                  211, 388

Comment

We've got lots of a japonica around here.

Unfortunately it's fecking knotweed.

It's quite wonderful when it gets frosted and dies back.

Comment

So when there’s a comet, and it blows itself to bits, that’s a good omen, right?

ATel #13620: Possible Disintegration of Comet C/2019 Y4 (ATLAS)

Comment

Working...
                      X