• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dinner was shepherd's pie.
    not bad

and a nice rioja.

just watched 'hurricane'. quite well done, i thought,but i'm not really a film buff.

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

Question 1 of 3 done. I have been much distracted by pretty much anything and everything but I'm getting there, slowly.

Question 2 is a tedious 'essay plan' exercise. Apparently, it's not sufficent for the plan to be:

Introduction: tell the audience what you want to talk about
        Body: tell the audience the thing you want to talk about
        Conclusion: tell the audience what you were just talking about

I got the title nailed though, "Comparison of the diversity, organisation and function of prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells". Glad I don't actually have to write the full essay...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          In the Chinese
          And very nice it was, as always

There was another customer in there

Luckily he stayed over in the corner mumbling to someone on his phone for the entire time, so I wasn’t forced to engage in conversation like last week

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I wasn’t forced to engage in conversation like last week
            For which relief much thanks.

So that's BTVS S5 E16 & 17, Angel S2 E16 & 17 done & dusted.

As it were.

Harmony turned up in Angel.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

First film tonight was Sicario 2: Soldado (2018), which was basically more of the same but without Emily Blunt. OK for what it is, but nowt special.

And after that, a rewatch of A Quiet Place (2018), which coincidentally does have Emily Blunt. It’s a good one as post-apocalyptic monster things go

And then the penultimate episode of S1 of The Wire: Cleaning Up (TV Episode 2002)

Goodnight all
              Last edited by NickFitz; 17 November 2019, 04:26. Reason: 2, not 1 :-/

Comment

Morning all if all there be

Grey.

Foggy!.

Hints of blue sky.

Bit warmer in here this morning at 17.4 deg.

Sunday.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning!

Blue-ish sky, looks a bit fuzzy so I suspect there's wispy high level cloud about.

Lept out of bed about 10-15 mins ago as Ocado delivery is due from 0930. My last thought before bed was, "shall I put an alarm on?", "no, I'm always awake before 0900".... I really should know better.

There is a substitution in my order - whole nutmeg has been replaced by ground. That'll be going back.

<Update>

Delivery turned up just after 0930, good job I did get up when I woke up. My gin and tonic stash is replenished. And some token veg ordered as usual. I seem to have doubled up on some herbs, which confused me, but it's not unusual for me to accidentally order twice due to the easy one click add to order feature they have. I could have returned the duplicates but I don't like to keep the chaps waiting too long.
                  Last edited by ladymuck; 17 November 2019, 09:52.

Comment

morning

hazy sunshine in silvery sarf herts

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

There is a substitution in my order - whole nutmeg has been replaced by ground. That'll be going back.
                      first world problems indeed.

have a G&T for the shock and stress.

Comment

Working...
                      X