• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just discovered there is NO bacon in the place!

This is what comes of thinking “There’s plenty of bacon in the freezer” whilst shopping, forgetting that it all got eaten

However, I’ve got two of those bacon-wrapped chipolatas from M&S left, so I’m going to do them in the oven. And I’ll see if there’s any acceptable bacon in the Co-op on my way to the Chinese this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      However, I’ve got two of those bacon-wrapped chipolatas from M&S left, so I’m going to do them in the oven. And I’ll see if there’s any acceptable bacon in the Co-op on my way to the Chinese this evening.
      They turned out OK, accompanied by fried egg, fried bread, and beans

It’s raining out, off and on, but nothing very heavy. Cold though

Mystery Bike abides

Comment

Has anyone seen my bike?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Has anyone seen my bike?

Prove it’s yours and you can come and collect it

You might know: are the fancy-looking tyres it has, with red treads and black walls, expensive? I suspect they aren’t; they’re called Wanda King and Googling for that seems to lead straight to Alibaba, the cheap-crap-from-China site. But they look quite distinctive to one like me who doesn’t pay much attention to bicycle tyres.

Comment

Wanda king?

sounds a bit fishy to me............

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              Wanda king?

sounds a bit fishy to me............
              Sounds like a “casual acquaintance” who got a payoff via one of Donald Trump’s lawyers in 2015 to me

Comment

It's quite unpleasantly cold, wet, and raw.

Tea this evening was originally going to be spag bol, but since I couldn't be arsed to make the bol, despite it taking about half an hour, I've fallen back on to a tin of tomato soup with some microwave rice in it to bulk it up a bit.

It was alright and about 300% better than that hideous quinoa tulipe I was foolish enough to try the other week.

Rounded off with the usual 1.05 pints of piping hot good Glengettie tea.

If it gets much colder I'll have to turn the heating on.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I’ve decided to pair up the two parts of the duvet, so we should soon be entering upon a period of exceptionally warm weather, unprecedented in the annals of meteorology

Comment

Busy out. It seems the football has recently ended.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Busy out. It seems the football has recently ended.
                      would that it were so, permanently.

no dinner tonight.

had an excellent lunch with some good friends at a local gastropub.

very nice indeed.

still stuffed.

Comment

Working...
                      X