• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Tonight's repast has been M&S chunky breaded haddock, with chips and beans; and exceedingly good it was

Can't remember if I got breaded rather than battered because that's all they had, or that's what I fancied when I bought it several weeks ago, or I just made a mistake. But they're both very nice
    There was neither in M&S Neath this evening, much to my irritation.

TFBSZ.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The evening's entertainment was Winter's Bone (2010), starring a young Jennifer Lawrence as a girl living in poverty in the Ozark mountains and looking after her younger brother and sister and sick mother. It turns out her deadbeat dad has put the house (and their timber acres, because up there you can own acres of land and still be poor) up as collateral for his bail bond, then disappeared, so she has to track him down to either turn him in or prove he's dead (depending on circumstances) to save their home. But their friends and neighbours, most of whom are in some way related to them all because it's the Ozarks, aren't keen on helping her sort things out. It was very good I thought, if unremittingly bleak

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        The evening's entertainment was Winter's Bone (2010), starring a young Jennifer Lawrence as a girl living in poverty in the Ozark mountains and looking after her younger brother and sister and sick mother. It turns out her deadbeat dad has put the house (and their timber acres, because up there you can own acres of land and still be poor) up as collateral for his bail bond, then disappeared, so she has to track him down to either turn him in or prove he's dead (depending on circumstances) to save their home. But their friends and neighbours, most of whom are in some way related to them all because it's the Ozarks, aren't keen on helping her sort things out. It was very good I thought, if unremittingly bleak

Goodnight all
        Sounds delightful but I think I'll give it a miss.

Morning.

Not snowing.

Not raining.

Not hailing.

Not murraining of beasts.

Fluffly clouds in the sky.

Vaguely sunny.

Dry.

Coolish side of not exactly warm.

Both WM in use doing the cottons.

Today's tasks include getting shot of 6" of dvds to the charity emporium.

I'm sure they'll be very pleased to receive two copies of "Identity" and "Broken City" in the collection.

Then it's time to get a couple of passport photos and continue the search for more ancient unregarded dvds.

It's been a poor week for viewing it must be said.

Three nights in a row where I was uninspired & largely uninterested in the epic that was playing.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day again

Off on my travels in an hour or so, depending on how bad Google Maps thinks the traffic is going to be.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Coolish side of not exactly warm.

Both WM in use doing the cottons.

Today's tasks include getting shot of 6" of dvds to the charity emporium.

I'm sure they'll be very pleased to receive two copies of "Identity" and "Broken City" in the collection.

Then it's time to get a couple of passport photos and continue the search for more ancient unregarded dvds.
            WMs still doing their thing, the first one is done in 20 minutes or so, the other in 50 minutes.

Might be ok hanging stuff on the line.

The passport photos duly got, time will tell if the passport office think I'm a serial killer.

The morning's shopping is done, yet again no M&S fish and no Morrisons turkey legs.

The selection of dvds this morning includes one about Hannah Hawkwell, and another about the history of rallying.

Sideways to Victory!

Tends to show up the F1 lot when doing 120mph sideways 10 feet away from trees with assorted feckwhits putting gravel on the road (or what passes for a road) in an attempt to make it even more lunatic.

Comment

afternoon all

didn't get up 'till 09:45 , remebering what weekends are for

Comment

grey here, but dry so far

Comment

Lovely sunny day here which explains why I'm sat in here in the dark.

Just the sheets in the TD now, the rest is done.

The ladybirds do seem to like nice clean washing.

<hiatus with brief interstitial pause>

Once the sheets had tumbled a bit & the TD reckoned they were dry, I went for a nice walk up the hill to the reservoir.

I didn't bother going as far as the view point since the seat is no longer there, the paths are uniformly fecked, but not in a good way.

Spoke to a chap who bought the Forestry Commission house some years ago after the previous owner's husband popped his clogs & she thought it too isolated to stay there any longer.

<hiatus>

Tea/dinner was liver, bacon, and onion gravy, which I haven't had for yonks.

It was nice enough in a sans salt sort of way, which a touch of chilli made up for slightly.

This evening's first epic is "The ultimate solution of Grace Quigley (1984)" with Katherine Hepburn and Nick Nolte, a curious pairing.

Grace Quigley (1984) - IMDb

That's just after he made 48 hours with Eddie Murphy.

It was ok for a little black comedy.

Followed by "Wanted Dead or Alive(1987)" with Rutger Hauer, Gene Simmons, Robert Guillaume (who popped his clogs recently at the young age of 89, best known as Benson in "Soap").

Wanted: Dead or Alive (1987) - IMDb

It was low budget but quite amusing in its way.

Bare bones dvd in 4:3.

I forgot to mention that the first dvd mentioned above is a flipper with a different film starring Sharon Stone on the other side.

Fos some reason they put the annoying multiple trailer tulipe on the side I watched which pissed me off a bit.

And what's the point of putting adverts, actual adverts, at the end of the multiple trailers as if we were watching Pearl & Dean telling us about the carpet warehouse across the dual carriageway behind the trees FFS?

Very odd.

Even odder is that I remembered that despite the Odeon on the Kingsway having shut about 20 years ago and now being a building site for the "business quarter" in one of the madder schemes of Swansea council, never accused of being the sharpest knives in the drawer.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 April 2019, 12:46.

Comment

Sunny skies about 30 degrees.

Guess I'm not in Manchester any more.

[emoji6]

Comment

Home again after the journey south and relative's birthday lunch

All went pretty well, though my mother had been a bit under the weather the last few days. She insisted on coming out anyway, and in the end it was a bit much for her; she started to wilt rather at the end of the meal, so I took her home in my car while everybody else sorted things out there.

The place was only about ten miles from their home, but I suspect even travelling that distance (and, of course, the same back) is a bit much for her when she's not on top form, as she wasn't today and, TBH, only is on rare days now

Anyway, she wasn't actually falling to bits, just rather tired. I just spoke to her on the phone and she's feeling a lot better now she's had a nap. And she regards it all as worthwhile for the sake of being seen to be putting her best foot forward in honour of the occasion

Comment

Working...
                      X