• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well there we are then.

X7 home, jiggety jig.

Toyota Corolla to Carmarthen in the wind, but thankfully no rain.

68 mile round trip.

How the feck did I manage to drive 150 or more miles in a day?

It's a mystery.

<brief pause during which a cold shower was partaken of>

Tea/dinner this evening was lentil <pffffft> soup.

It was ok but I'm not sure the container didn't alter the flavour rather adversely.

As to the important question of what to watch this evening, I'm a bit spoiled for choice, but I suspect it won't involve much in the way of Mr Bruce Willis after last night's debacle.

<brief hiatus while I did the dishes>

This evening's epic is "Casualties of War (1989)" with a preParkinsonian Michael J. Fox and Sean Penn.

Casualties of War (1989) - IMDb

Must be nearly 30 years since I watched it last.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 March 2019, 19:07.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

First attempt at coffee and walnut cake:

Bit of a faff getting the buttercream sorted out, as my belief that I had icing sugar in the cupboard turned out to be incorrect. Sainsbury's Local: no joy. Iceland: no joy. So I had to go all the way up to the Co-op (admittedly only a few hundred yards), where time moves at a slower pace as the visitors count out their change penny by penny, then slowly start to fill their bags

But I got back in time to get the two halves out of the cooker before they burned

Comment

evening all

roast pork loin, with a rosemary,thyme and mustard sauce, turmeric and cinnamon rice and peas.

hadn't cooked properly for ages.
        very nice, - must do so more often .

is DS ok?
        his hiati are becoming pauses.
        is this a Worrying Trend?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          evening all

roast pork loin, with a rosemary,thyme and mustard sauce, turmeric and cinnamon rice and peas.

hadn't cooked properly for ages.
          very nice, - must do so more often .
          Sounds good

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          is DS ok?
          his hiati are becoming pauses.
          is this a Worrying Trend?
          It should be OK as long as they don't develop into interstices

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Sounds good

It should be OK as long as they don't develop into interstices
            can't you get pills for those, now?

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              This evening's epic is "Casualties of War (1989)" with a preParkinsonian Michael J. Fox and Sean Penn.

Casualties of War (1989) - IMDb

Must be nearly 30 years since I watched it last.
              <interstice>

And that's reminded me exactly why it's 30 years since I watched it last.

Very nasty.

Some of the bits in the middle required FF just to get through them.

Not an easy watch by any means.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              First attempt at coffee and walnut cake:
              Stone me.

I'm getting worried about you.

I, of course, am still gradually eating the vast assortment of sugars bequeathed to me by the late Strangelove Mater.

Having eaten all the granulated, we're now on to the icing and caster.

I have no idea what the difference is, but they all taste the same in custard.

As a treat I may have the last individual Xmas pud and custard tomorrow.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 March 2019, 22:10.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tea tonight has been ribs and chips, because I made a double portion of ribs on Tuesday but decided not to freeze the leftovers

Must remember to get to bed at a decent time tonight as I'm at the doctor's - well, the nurse's - to have that repeat blood test in the morning. No fasting this time, though, as it's just the one test this time

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Stone me.

I'm getting worried about you.
                  I like cake, and I reckon there's a chance home-made ones might be better than the ones from the shops

Comment

Cake verdict: sponge a tad dry, possibly due to the extra few minutes in the oven resulting from me running round the local shops looking for icing sugar. Also, could do with more coffee. The buttercream came out very well though. Not a bad effort overall, and I daresay practice will make perfect eventually

Tonight's TV was ST:TNG S3E6, Booby Trap. Quite a good one

And then House of Cards episode 2, in which Francis Urqhart stays in a room at the Grand Hotel, Brighton, during party conference that I myself have stayed in when down there for a non-political conference.

There's a scene where he's talking to the journalist Matty Storin while she's at breakfast at one of the tables by the window in the Grand's restaurant. I have to say, my recollection is that there isn't anything like as much traffic along that stretch of the seafront at Brighton during breakfast as was visible out of the window behind her; the scene must have been shot a bit later in the day, probably about eleven in the morning as the light still seemed to be coming roughly from the east

Anyway, early night so I can be prepared for the blood extraction tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

TFIF, etc. A tad breezy up here, but don’t think that will affect flights.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X