• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    they sent MF's details to Your GP?

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Lunch, for BP reasons, was sans the usual steak & kidney pie/pork pie/steak pie/hairy pie.

It was, instead, a can of soup with some chili sauce added to spice it up a bit.

After which, since it's a lovely day, I thought it a good idea to go & massacre some weeds, honey suckle, forsythia, more fecking honey suckle, some other bush thing, yet more fecking honeysuckle, some inch thick brambles, some more fecking honeysuckle.

After clearing up the remains, I then cuddled he/she who would be StrangeloveMog for a while before staggering back indoors & sitting down for a while after having a nice wash.

It's quite warm out there.

My arms are telling me I did too much swinging about of the hedge trimmer, and the back is saying "you're not 25 any more you old fool".

And having sat down I'm now practically immobile.

Ho hum.

so long as you can still reach the well-deserved beer/wine/brandy/rum/whisky/ G&T
      then there's no problem

Comment

Busy at the Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Busy at the Chinese
          Despite which I was back home about eight minutes after posting that, dinner in hand; and very nice it was

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            so long as you can still reach the well-deserved beer/wine/brandy/rum/whisky/ G&T
            then there's no problem
            It's taken 400mg of ibuprofen to reach that capability.

Tonight's 2nd feature was "Patriot's Day" with Mark Wahlberg and Kevin Bacon, being the 2013 Boston Marathon Bombing by that delightful pair of brothers.

Patriots Day (2016) - IMDb

There was a rather high level of grue in parts it must be said.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

This evening's opening feature was The Dark Knight Rises (2012), concluding that particular Batman trilogy. At over two-and-a-half hours not counting credits, it sometimes felt like the story on this one had run away with them a little; and there were some noticeably hasty scene transitions around the middle that gave the impression it had been even longer, they'd realised they had to cut it down, but weren't too sure what to cut and how to make it appear seamless. But still, it was quite entertaining.

After that: '71 (2014), in which a young squaddie is accidentally left behind in a Catholic area of Belfast when his unit is forced to hastily withdraw after an operation in support of the RUC goes pear shaped, and has to try to get out alive. There's some pretty brutal stuff going on in this, and none of the various sides involved (which aren't as clear cut as you might expect, with violent conflict between the Official and Provisional IRA, and between the regular British Army and its undercover officers) comes out with much credit. Worth a watch should it come your way.

And a further episode of The West Wing to round things off.

Goodnight all

Comment

15.9 deg in here today

Forgot to reset the min thing on the laundry room thermometer, but it is reading 11.1 now with a min of 7.9 from yesterday.

Grey.

Very Grey.

Dry.

Sunless.

And grey.

More ibuprofen needed this morning though my arms don't hurt quite as much my back is still complaining.

Comment

Morning all
                  Clear skies for the walk earlier, but a bit of high level cloud coming in now.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day out there today, though still quite mild - 13°C out, just about 20°C within

Comment

Roast lamb cooked & eaten.

No salt in anything.

I suppose bland & tasteless will become more familiar.

Will be cooking some lentil <pffffft> soup this afternoon which will be similarly afflicted.

Tesco, Lidl(tm) and Morrisons visited.

Middle of Neath best avoided since they're pratting about with the traffic lights.

Blood pressure monitor and pulse oximeter purchased from Lidl(tm).

The endless grey turned into endless drizzle, then the sun came out for 10 minutes & promptly disappeared again.

The vaccing will begin after I've done the dishes.

Oh, and the visit to the dump was done before the visit to Tesco.

I only go there to give the car a bit of a run, like.

It's too damp to bother with anything this afternoon, though I suppose I could light a bonfire if I can find some vanities to feed it.

Comment

Working...
                      X