• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A delicious Sunday tea of roast chicken thighs and chips, with lashings of tomato ketchup

Comment

This evening's "entertainment", such as it was, was "Blade Runner 2049".

Stone me.

Slow ain't the word for it.

And about as atmospheric as the dark side of the moon.

Full of wind & piss signifying nothing.

As someone once said.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Stone me.

As someone once said.
        I've got it, but haven't yet set aside the time to watch it. Sounds like I'll need to make sure I'm properly caffeinated too

Comment

Tonight's partial entertainment was Gone Girl (2014), which is OK, but I was feeling a bit tired and stopped it after an hour, as there was still about ninety minutes to go. I'll watch the rest of it later in the week.

Goodnight all

Comment

Stone me.

As someone once said.
            Saw it on the flight to Oz, but took me till near the end to get the gist of what was going on as I hadn't seen the first. All boobs and bums were pixelated out, as well as any swearing or mild blasphemy dubbed over just to add to the enjoyment. Goshdarnit!

Comment

Morning all after a brilliant wedding, etc, back to invoicing today for me.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

"The Last Spitfire" read in Villefranche. Thanks NickFitz's dad. Kept me entertained. Banana Pancake, next...
                I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

And, as is the way of things these days, if one's setup doesn't have the centre channel then turning up the volume to hear the dialogue means that you get deafened when the effects come in.

I turned the subtitles on which fixed it.

Unlike MS I've seen each & every version of the original, including the workprint.

This pile of tulipe doesn't compare.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey out again, though the rain has been postponed

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                      "The Last Spitfire" read in Villefranche. Thanks NickFitz's dad. Kept me entertained. Banana Pancake, next...
                      What excellent taste in literature you have!

His second book, Reflex Action, is also very good

Comment

Working...
                      X