• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    not vivaldi then? - i used to like vivaldi, until i had to deal with service desks. i wouldn't mind if they played the whole thing, but they loop a random piece. - philistines!

Mind, you, one lot in ireland, put me off van morrison for a while, too
    This was some kind of modern pop music with a woman screeching. I blame the sound engineers for over compressing and autotuning it until it was literally painful to listen to - I had to hold the phone away for fear it would damage my hearing even further

The good news is: it's fixed!

Too many of the neighbours still awake to get up to 100Mbps at the moment, but it's around 44 down and 5 up, which is nearer the mark than a hundredth of that

Comment

The recycling bin has been trundled forth. There's very fine rain falling, though apparently it'll get heavier overnight

And I'm going to get an early night, as I think I'm still running a sleep deficit from the inordinately long day on Monday

After the last couple of (comparatively) busy weekends, it'll be nice to have one during which I don't have anything in particular to do

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all s’murky out there.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

[cut and paste]

Pissing down in Bradford today

[/cut and paste]

Comment

My Virgin service has been pretty flawless for the last 5 years. Except for the cost element - but when I move house i'll ditch all that telly stuff I don't watch and just have broadband. Which reminds me, I do need to schedule it's re-installation with a proper wall mounted box, rather than the cable poking through the floor approach which the old lady favoured.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey and murky here, though the rain seemed to have just about stopped when I popped down the check the bin gate at half seven.

After which I went back to bed until nine

Comment

Off to do the shopping, though I don't think I need that much

Comment

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Shopping done, and car refuelled

Comment

A breast of lamb has been given a fast roast just to brown it, then diced and placed in the slow cooker along with a load of veg, rosemary, and gravy. Once cooked, this will be put in a large dish, covered with a layer of sliced spuds, and roasted to make enough hot pot to provide one meal now and, I reckon, two or three for the freezer

Or, on second thoughts, I might make hot pot with one portion and freeze the rest as-is so it takes up less room, and can potentially be repurposed.

And the laundry is on

Comment

Working...
                      X