• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple of cold sausages in rolls for lunch

Cold because Sainsbury's pulled that stunt of sending sausages that were near their use-by date, so I had to cook them all in one go the other day. Well, I could have frozen them, but I couldn't be bothered

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Well, I could have frozen them, but I couldn't be bothered
      I suppose with all those contract rolls you must have been busy.....

Comment

Just had the GP's surgery on the phone to arrange some blood tests. After some initial confusion where she booked me in at the health centre a few miles away and I pointed out that I couldn't drive at the moment, she then dithered over a 10:45 appointment as I'll need to fast beforehand. I explained that I seldom eat breakfast anyway, and it really wasn't a problem.

Then she realised that I already had an appointment (arranged by myself and unrelated to the blood tests) with the doctor at 9:20 the same day, and started fretting over me having to go there for that, leave, and go all the way back again. I pointed out that I live next door and it takes about thirty seconds to get from my armchair to the waiting room, and she finally accepted that wasn't a problem either

So, as I'll need to go back next week for a review of the results of the blood tests, that's three whole trips to next door I have to make in the next six days. Ah well, I'm supposed to be getting plenty of exercise

Comment

And now, an email (from a different pimp but at the same group of agencies) inviting me to apply for my own gig

I notice they're going to try to stiff any applicants on the rate: they've put my current rate as the top of their range, and as we all know they never give you the top of the range without a struggle

Comment

Couple of cold sausages in rolls for lunch

Cold because Sainsbury's pulled that stunt of sending sausages that were near their use-by date, so I had to cook them all in one go the other day. Well, I could have frozen them, but I couldn't be bothered
            you don't have a microwave??

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              you don't have a microwave??
              I never seem to get microwaving sausages quite right - either they're not warm enough inside, or they're overdone and the outermost layer goes a bit leathery

Comment

I never seem to get microwaving sausages quite right - either they're not warm enough inside, or they're overdone and the outermost layer goes a bit leathery
                half them lengthwise, and give 'em a minute on full.
                than lay them on bread wiv loads of mustard

Comment

I've tried to avoid using this site but got sucked in.

When to the supermarket just over an hour ago. I thought this story was a joke - but my local Sainsbury's is empty. And no the staff weren't stocking the shelves they were moving the remaining food around.

Currently watching Miriam Margolyes in America.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

My chicken and pearl barley and vegetable soup turned out very nice indeed

There's shedloads of it left, too - I'm not sure I can fit it all in the freezer, so it may turn out to be lunch for the next couple of days too

Comment

My chicken and pearl barley and vegetable soup turned out very nice indeed

There's shedloads of it left, too - I'm not sure I can fit it all in the freezer, so it may turn out to be lunch for the next couple of days too
                      Sounds good.

Least it won't have to be chucked this time.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X