• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB
    We're nice people, really!
    DaveB there, waving the flag for the 'nice auditors'!

Do your reports include any positive information? In my permie days one of my projects was audited and the audit approach was only to include comments on areas that culd be improved or were not in line with the corporate standards.
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      If we're all bored with my lawnmower, then...

Lawnmowers are so 2 hours ago ZG. Do try and keep up
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

test please delete

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon
          DaveB there, waving the flag for the 'nice auditors'!

Do your reports include any positive information? In my permie days one of my projects was audited and the audit approach was only to include comments on areas that culd be improved or were not in line with the corporate standards.

We do indeed. If stuff is being done right we say so. If improvements have been made we say that as well.

Last thing I want is to find a horses head in my office chair in the morning cos we said mean things in an audit

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            I modified an existing design to add a PLL... which seemed like a good idea at the time...
            Uh oh, he is off again...

Comment

Of course when we find stuff thats wrong we have to report it.

Comment

Thats the whole point of the audit, to make sure stuff is done right.

Comment

But most folks don't get that it's not people I am auditing it's the processes.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
                    We do indeed. If stuff is being done right we say so. If improvements have been made we say that as well.

Last thing I want is to find a horses head in my office chair in the morning cos we said mean things in an audit

That is good. My project at the time wasn't perfect and, as in most cases, there were areas for improvement. However, the report read as if it were an utter disaster!

Comment

They assume that if the auditors find anything then they will get fired/reprimanded/otherwise told off or bollocked for it.

Comment

Working...
                      X