• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home, and weekend!

The traffic back was a bit of a pig, especially at this end. Turns out the football company are doing their thing tonight

Comment

Still working
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        Thanks for the info, but dear deity, I'm sorry I asked.

I don't think I've done anything with a database since dBase II of immortal memory.
        To add to the fun, this is using a framework called Django (though it is backed with a database) so there's all kinds of other code that behaves in a certain way depending on the kind of relationship between things. Most of what I've done has been overriding framework code to make the damn relationship behave like one-to-one even though it's many-to-one

To be precise, it's power distribution units in slots in server racks in a datacentre. One PDU can only go in one slot, and one slot can only hold one PDU. I'm still not sure why it ever got done any other way, other than through an oversight, though it might have something to do with a now-abandoned idea to have a history of where a thing has been if it should be moved.

Anyway, now there's a load of existing data, and they're worried it'll somehow get broken

Comment

Having kicked out the previously mentioned esteemed customer and his minder, and locked someone else's bags and such like in the project room, Zeity legged it down the hill to catch his train.

I suppose they'll have to get the caretakers to let them in the room again, but I was worried about leaving stuff unsecured.

Tea, being lentil <pffffft> soup, has been consumed & very nice it was too.

Next we shall determine what to watch this evening, I suspect it may well be the commentary on Expendables 3.

Comment

Can't decide what to have for dinner but whatever it turns out to be, I'll be washing it down with a beer

Comment

Finished working.

Had dinner which was a baked potato plus stuff.

Consuming a glass of red wine or two.

Comment

A few spots of rain have fallen, but it's only because I was taking a bag out to the bin and going over to the shop for some beer. Now I'm inside again, it should stop

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Finished working.

Had dinner which was a baked potato plus stuff.

Consuming a glass of red wine or two.
                  Excellent!

I've got some cold bits of meat that need finishing off, left over from lunches of the past few days. I'll have some soup, then nibble on those during the evening

Comment

Watching the Leader Debate. Paul Nutall can't remember the name the Green Party's only MP, Caroline Lucas.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      Watching the Leader Debate. Paul Nutall can't remember the name the Green Party's only MP, Caroline Lucas.
                      I'm definitely not watching it

Going to get myself a beer now, and watch something enjoyable instead

Comment

Working...
                      X