• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the latest instalment of the Public Sector client in Leeds is that; after offering me a role they hadn't got authority to offer, coming back and offering less money, then offer more money, then being told I wasn't available until September, it finally transpires that they are recruiting permanent staff in August and would only need me until they were on board and up to speed and would I mind ditching current client Co. in return for a months work.

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      So the latest instalment of the Public Sector client in Leeds is that; after offering me a role they hadn't got authority to offer, coming back and offering less money, then offer more money, then being told I wasn't available until September, it finally transpires that they are recruiting permanent staff in August and would only need me until they were on board and up to speed and would I mind ditching current client Co. in return for a months work.

I take it you called the client directly and told them where to go.....

There are not many reasons for being totally unprofessional but even picking up the phone and swearing at them would be more professional than they have been....
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Rather alarming couple of minutes in the kitchen just now. Having used one of the rings on the hob, I noticed a few moments later that there was a slight smell of gas. Trying the igniter (it wasn't a strong smell, just a whiff, so I didn't anticipate an explosion) I discovered to my surprise that the ring lit again, though very low

After fiddling around a bit, it seemed that turning it off was no longer turning it fully off. It seemed to fluctuate a bit, so I could get it to go low enough to gutter and go out but, on letting go of the knob, it would start to leak out again and I'd have to relight it. After pulling the knob off and fiddling with the thing inside directly, it seemed to me that it was having trouble reaching its cut-off point. With some more fiddling I finally got it to go off properly, and it seems to be OK now.

But I won't be using that hob again, so I'll have to sort out a new cooker sooner than planned and if it means taking a day off from ClientCo, so be it

I'm now going back into the kitchen to stick my nose next to it every five minutes, and I daresay I'll carry on doing that out of paranoia for the rest of the evening

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Rather alarming couple of minutes in the kitchen just now. Having used one of the rings on the hob, I noticed a few moments later that there was a slight smell of gas. Trying the igniter (it wasn't a strong smell, just a whiff, so I didn't anticipate an explosion) I discovered to my surprise that the ring lit again, though very low

After fiddling around a bit, it seemed that turning it off was no longer turning it fully off. It seemed to fluctuate a bit, so I could get it to go low enough to gutter and go out but, on letting go of the knob, it would start to leak out again and I'd have to relight it. After pulling the knob off and fiddling with the thing inside directly, it seemed to me that it was having trouble reaching its cut-off point. With some more fiddling I finally got it to go off properly, and it seems to be OK now.

But I won't be using that hob again, so I'll have to sort out a new cooker sooner than planned and if it means taking a day off from ClientCo, so be it

I'm now going back into the kitchen to stick my nose next to it every five minutes, and I daresay I'll carry on doing that out of paranoia for the rest of the evening
          Try ao.com . I know they fitted a gas cooker for my parents on a sunday...
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Last time I used them the blokes where from Eastern Europe and very helpful. Probably as I did my bit to make the delivery easier.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Last time I used them the blokes where from Eastern Europe and very helpful. Probably as I did my bit to make the delivery easier.
              Looking at the site right now

That and Which?

Comment

I just dug out the George Foreman grill my parents gave me many aeons ago, on the grounds that the less use I have to make of the cooker, the better. It was a bit (as in a lot) mucky, having been on a shelf in range of the deep fat fryer for the last twelve years, and took ages to clean. I've now got to leave it to dry out properly, as it got rather wet in the process.

So the lamb chops I intended to cook have gone into the freezer, and I'm going for a Chinese

Comment

Finally remembered to time it. Walk to the Chinese, order, wait while food is prepared, walk back: 14 minutes

Comment

Someone's borked the universe again.

Wales 3, Belgium 1.

Comment

Night all

Comment

Working...
                      X