• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Stayed out at a party last night until 3AM. It's many years since that happened. We ended up in the host's front room watching some film which consisted of landscape shots with a Philip Glass soundtrack. It was quite different to anything I'd seen before.

Comment

I think it might have been https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koyaanisqatsi

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
        Morning all

Stayed out at a party last night until 3AM. It's many years since that happened. We ended up in the host's front room watching some film which consisted of landscape shots with a Philip Glass soundtrack. It was quite different to anything I'd seen before.
        Especially if you weren't sober.

My stomach now hates me.....
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

There used to be a freesat channel that showed stuff like that.

It's not there any more.

Afternoon all

Well there's one house roughly vacced.

Sunday Dinner was roast beef this week, being the final lump of the beef I purchased 5 weeks ago.

It was very nice.

For sweet I had the remains of the tin of peaches (BBE 10/14) that I opened yesterday evening when I was afflicted with the munchies, with a reasonable dollop of custard.

We really know how to push the boat out at Chez Zeit.

I notice with interest that there are further tins of sliced peaches, pears and other fruity comestibles that bear equally ancient BBE dates.

I suppose I'll have to consume them.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Especially if you weren't sober.

My stomach now hates me.....
            Heavy night last night?

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Cold out again, but sunny at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                It was rather pleasant once the stress of getting there wore off.

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                Curiously, Ifeel rather poorer now, having donated £100 to ZeitNephew and £300 to ZeitNeice (who I see much more infrequently).
                The perils of the avuncular state

Comment

Morning all

One of my favourite films

Unless you saw the sequel, Powaqqatsi - also one of my favourites

And there's a third one to make up the trilogy, Naqoyqatsi, which I haven't yet seen, though I got the DVD a little while ago - I'm saving it for a rainy day.

My ringtone is a bit of the music from the Pruitt–Igoe sequence (the demolitions) - though it seems the provision of Philip Glass ringtones for the mass market for is as yet relatively undeveloped, so I had to make it myself from a rip of the CD. (Possible Plan B if I can get the rights?)

Evidence of how much I like the film: I have it on both DVD and Blu-ray, and I have the original soundtrack album on vinyl and the longer, more complete version later released on CD.

Glass occasionally conducts an orchestra playing along to a showing of the film. I'd love to go to one of those.

EDIT: Just discovered there's a recording of Koyaanisqatsi live with the NY Philharmonic. Another one to buy
                  Last edited by NickFitz; 28 February 2016, 15:02.

Comment

Gone five, and it's still not dark out! 10/10, would orbit sun again

Comment

Just noticed that NF isn't far off his 32768th post. Let's hope it's a suitably eloquent and interesting contribution to mark the number.

Comment

Working...
                      X