• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time for bed I think.

Had a headache all day today. I wonder if it's anything to do with being woken by CovBaby at 2AM. And 5AM. And then finally 8AM. I have to cut the nipper some slack as he's still teething.

I had an interesting conversation with the boss at the end of last week. He'd have to be a bit dense to not now know that I'm seriously looking around for something else. If only the who future of contracting wasn't up in the air the decision would be easy!

Comment

Finally got around to watching Thief. Coming back from ClientCorp the other month, they were talking about it on Radio 4 because it had just been restored with a director's cut and so forth. It sounded rather good so I went on Amazon and ordered it; although Amazon had the thing I bought labelled as a DVD, it was actually a Blu-ray when it turned up. Fair enough, as the whole idea was the new 4K print, and it inspired me to buy a Blu-ray player

It turns out to be a really good film: James Caan, John Belushi, Willie Nelson, and a soundtrack by Tangerine Dream. A heist movie on the face of it, but with a lot of depth of story and characterisation and some, to my untrained eye, very clever and entrancing cinematography. Lots out of lots, will watch again

Then I ended up watching the last three hours of The Final Cut, so now it's late again. Ho hum

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Morning. Broadband down again. Pussies off to the vet to get their lady bits removed. Right now they're just wondering why I won't give them breakfast.

Comment

Morning all. Wedding anniversary today.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Morning all.

All I managed to watch last night was the 11th ep of "Under the Dome".

It's really really fecking dragging now.

Ep 11 was on at midnight.

Ep 12 is on at 00:55 next Monday.

I expect Ep 13 to be on at about 04:13 on the following Monday.

You can sort of tell that 5 have read the viewing stats.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Pan of scouse is simmering on the hob
                  Scouse or Scourer?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    Morning. Broadband down again. Pussies off to the vet to get their lady bits removed. Right now they're just wondering why I won't give them breakfast.
                    Mrs BP loved that in HK where she was allowed to watch. I think she plans to have me done.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Morning all. Wedding anniversary today.
                      How long a sentence have you served?

Any plans to celebrate?

Comment

Working...
                      X