• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always an interesting walk through that park. Nice to have it nearby. Will start training there soon - a spot of cyclocross.

Comment

Just come out of a meeting with a mini ******* stalin who I now want to hospitalise. That's put me on an even keel for the rest of the day, oh yes. Little sh*t.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack
        Just come out of a meeting with a mini ******* stalin who I now want to hospitalise. That's put me on an even keel for the rest of the day, oh yes. Little sh*t.
        You work for Gordon Brown?
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
          You work for Gordon Brown?
          No, just a manipulative person with 'small man' syndrome. It would be poetry to catch him unawares down a dark alleyway with a baseball bat.

Comment

I have another meeting with the ***** in a short while. Suggestions for coping mechanisms welcomed.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack
              I have another meeting with the ***** in a short while. Suggestions for coping mechanisms welcomed.
              Remember you are a contractor and earning twice as much as him.

Take deep breaths and resolve to ignore anything he says once the meeting is over.

Read old issues of the BoFH for ideas on how to deal with him should the above not prove effective.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Do excuse the language but he wound me up the wrong way. Will calm down soon. Anyone ever honestly have the immediate urge to throw a client through a window, and if so, how did you suppress it?

Comment

I used to have a punch bag at home that I used to come home and pound for about half an hour. but now I just learned to ignore it. My attitude is as long as you're paying the day rate I don't care!!
                  threenine.co.uk
                  Cultivate, Develop & Sustain Innovation

Comment

I'm canning this f3cking contract the second I get a new role landed. Smarmy, political, condescending little @&*%ers. Had enough. End of.

There's a whisker of an opportunity elsewhere in the organisation and a couple of ok contracts local to me. Time to dust off the old CV.

Comment

Peace my brother man!!

My experience leads to these W4nk3rs tend to be everywhere. They are just replaced by different colour suits. I normally don't take any notice of them. I used too early in my contracting carreer, but now they are water off aducks back.

As a contractor you need learn how to put up with the Political sh!t, it's not like we ever get exempted from it, it's just that we get to deal with more it in lots of different locations every few months.

This where I learned how to negotiate my rate, is when going to the interviews , I try to get a feel of the place, that how I deduce my rate, the more sh!t the higher the rate, then when it sh!t appears I sit back and smile to myself knowing that somebody is paying for it.
                      threenine.co.uk
                      Cultivate, Develop & Sustain Innovation

Comment

Working...
                      X