• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No fox hounds in Richmond Park and no reason for it to fear humans. It was just curious. When you didn't threaten it or do anything interesting it got bored with you
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Lived in the countryside for most of my life and never got that close to a fox before.

Comment

The last time I walked through Richmond Park I also had a staring match with an animal.

Comment

I was walking along the road towards Richmond Gate from Roehampton Gate, coming up a hill. It was twilight, and I heard a noise to my left.

Comment

I stopped in my tracks, turned around to see a red stag deer no more than 6 feet away.

Comment

It reared it's head slightly, snorted, and pawed the ground with it's hoof. I remained motionless. Fascinated more than concerned.

Comment

I was in Richmond parking yesterday walking and feeding the duck with the kids!!

Didn't get to see any foxes though, but got to see a Deer!!
                threenine.co.uk
                Cultivate, Develop & Sustain Innovation

Comment

In the fading light behind the stag there was movement - there was a whole herd of maybe 30 deer gathered behind him to the treeline.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack
                    Lived in the countryside for most of my life and never got that close to a fox before.

I see them once or twice a month round here, usually when out with the dog. Never tend to get closer than a hundred yards or so. They usually stop and have a quick look at you before buggering off into the nearest bit of undergrowth.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Amazing moment. I stayed there, just looking at them, for a few mins, then moved on.

Comment

Working...
                      X