• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    According to The Great MF, TPD is for onanists.
    I'm surprised he knows a big word like that. I guess someone called him it and he googled.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Sprint?! Frivolity?!

I am going to the wrong type of standups!
      This was the fortnightly retrospective, not the standup.

They're threatening something to do with togas for the next one

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
        What was your contribution for that?

On a more positive note ->
        Nothing to do with me - I'm still working on the old system. It's the replacement (which does about 1/3 of what's needed) that they can't get up and running in less than two years...
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Here's another bright idea for the reform of capitalism: in the winter, let people work a three hour day, so they still get to enjoy some of the limited sunlight hours. Then, come springtime, they'll all have realised that most of the work is a complete waste of time and never needed doing anyway, so let them carry on working a three hour day

All this for full wages, of course. Those rich bastards who own everything can easily afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Here's another bright idea for the reform of capitalism: in the winter, let people work a three hour day, so they still get to enjoy some of the limited sunlight hours. Then, come springtime, they'll all have realised that most of the work is a complete waste of time and never needed doing anyway, so let them carry on working a three hour day

All this for full wages, of course. Those rich bastards who own everything can easily afford it.
            Hell no! I'd say work 12 hour days during the winter because it's too fecking cold out there to do anything anyway. Then take the entire summer off

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
              Hell no! I'd say work 12 hour days during the winter because it's too fecking cold out there to do anything anyway. Then take the entire summer off
              What is this "Work" you speak of? Is it something the peasants do?
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Stoked | Yellow Bike

Looks like a nice way to spend a Saturday?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Stoked | Yellow Bike

Probably not for me. I'm going to try and get some kulchur and visit a couple of museums.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    Stoked | Yellow Bike

Looks good, as long as the weather isn't bad.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                      I think we could compromise on three hour days in winter, and all summer off

Comment

Working...
                      X