• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning All,

Chin up MS! You need to get your party pants on for tonight.

In other news I am one step closer to going postal at client co. Seriously TFIF!

Originally posted by Alias View Post
    Happy Birthday to Xeno, wherever he may be...
    Pity he isn't about anymore. I enjoyed his posts.

Comment

Currently getting an email stream through from a mate who's at some all you can eat & drink do in Dubai. Just pics of booze, no food. Shedded doesn't even come close.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        Currently getting an email stream through from a mate who's at some all you can eat & drink do in Dubai. Just pics of booze, no food. Shedded doesn't even come close.
        Emails have ceased. I think we have a man down.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Just finished mine

There's a proper run-down greasy spoon up the road from ClientCorp, by the station. The bacon has that wonderful deep red colour with brown streaks that can only come from cooking it two dozen rashers at a time on the hotplate that's also been used for everything else for many, many years
          Sounds like...

Originally posted by T. Pratchett
          Harga's House of Ribs is an eatery in Ankh-Morpork run by Sham Harga. To see what's on the menu, all you need to do is look at Harga's vest. The most popular dish is "All-You-Can-Gobble-For-A-Dollar".

"I've eaten at Harga's House of Ribs," said Victor. "I wouldn't say it's the best. Not the best. A long way from being the best." He thought for a bit. "About as far away from being the best as you can get, in fact." --Moving Pictures

Sam Vimes, on the other hand, ate there regularly in his single days. He was particularly fond of the Burnt Brown Crunchy Bits that enliven the basic offerings of greasy starch. He has only complained once about the quality of the food - that was after Harga, in a fit of royalist fervour, cleaned the cooker, disposed of the old fat, and worst of all, cleaned out the coffee urn. The resultant love-in-a-canoe coffee* was not to Vimes' taste.

* "f---ing close to water"
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Actually got some really interesting bits to work on today, so of course I'm out of here in 45 minutes

Ah well, it'll keep until next week

Comment

Afternoon
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

We have a leak in the bedroom, not sure if it's the damn window or ceiling.

Waiting for the bloke to turn up.

Could really do without the expense of having to get that fixed.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  Breakfast done!

Hmmmm, may have to have eggs benedict for a very late brekkie.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Home!

Now scampering around getting it together to head off to That London

Comment

OK, I'm off - see you on the other side

Comment

Working...
                      X