• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it appears that the dishwasher latch is not working. So Ive got to have an attempt at fixing it - or I could just order a new latch from ebay for £7.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      <pffffft>

Did a truly massive <pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff fffffffffffffffffffffffft> yesterday & was frightened I might follow through.
      Afternoon!

It's an age thing, Mr Lizard. I never do this without the holy trilogy of spare towels, a toilet within 10 seconds dash, and a jar of AnuSol.

Had a very light lunch and dinner (diet thing with GF#1) but a whole bottle of wine and some whisky as it was games night (6+ Dino Horde).

Woke up this morning with a badgers arse for a brain.

Nurse!
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Been here 3 and a bit years and just had my first voicemail on ClientCo's phone system. Had no idea I even had voicemail set up. It took me 15 minutes to work out how to retrieve it, and it just said "please call me".
        I only had one call there, someone asked for reception and I hadn't a clue what to dial, so I said yes, ok, pressed some random buttons and then put the phone down. Fortunately, permie next to me explained what to do for the future.

I hate phones.

Comment

Should I claim my free 48GB of free Dropbox space for my Galaxy? Or just stick to the 1T of OneDrive?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
            it appears that the dishwasher latch is not working. So Ive got to have an attempt at fixing it - or I could just order a new latch from ebay for £7.
            Hit it with a hammer. That'll either fix it, or smash it to bits. Either way, you'll definitely know if you need a new one

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Hit it with a hammer. That'll either fix it, or smash it to bits. Either way, you'll definitely know if you need a new one
              Ah, percussive maintenance
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                I only had one call there, someone asked for reception and I hadn't a clue what to dial, so I said yes, ok, pressed some random buttons and then put the phone down. Fortunately, permie next to me explained what to do for the future.
                A few years ago, I was contracting at Cambridge Assessment, the examinations board syndicate owned by Cambridge University. One afternoon my phone rang for the first time in about five months. I gazed at it in astonishment, and glanced at the permie lead developer at the next desk, who was also looking at it with a wild surmise. He looked at me, clearly unsure what should be done. I shrugged and answered it.

A voice that sounded like somebody's mum said "Hello, is that Cambridge University?"

Much confused, I said "Erm, it's part of it."

Turned out she wanted to speak to somebody about admissions. That certainly had nothing to do with us, and as far as I know (which isn't very far) the individual colleges handle such things themselves, rather than there being any central office.

I quickly Googled and gave her what appeared to be a main switchboard number of some kind for some part of the institution, and rang off. It's not as if we were connected to some overarching University Telephone Network to which I could transfer her, or if we were, I didn't know about it.

Nobody had any idea how she might have found the number of the extension at my desk in an organisation that dealt solely with the setting of exam papers listed as any kind of primary number for "Cambridge University"

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                I hate phones.
                Me too <- like that.

Comment

My tortilla press just arrived

As well as the three jars of chipotle adobo sauce.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

In the process of pumpkin pie making.

Pastry made, just as well I know how to make pastry as the recipe was wrong, so had to make adjustments.

Roasting the pumpkin in the oven to soften it and once that's done will blind bake the pastry and start to make the filling.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

My phone here rang once. I quickly turned the ringer volume down and made sure nobody had noticed. It hasn't rung again

Comment

Working...
                      X