• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    My life officially sucks :

Stuck in Germany again.
    Invoice is late. Cashflow is dire. 6 weeks since I last had money in, and these flights and hotels aren't cheap. Consultancy being very evasive.
    Left my coat on the flight last night.
    Suffering from a sinus infection (on antibiotics now) but it's still pretty sore.
    Dr has said I have raised blood pressure (no tulip sherlock). Now eating sawdust for meals. No booze. Definately no fags.
    Please, please, please dont post this in general. If you do then they will rip you a new one

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      Please, please, please dont post this in general. If you do then they will rip you a new one
      Which is precisely why I posted this here. Then again I expect some "bleed across" from the usual suspects.

Rip me a new one? OK so the jacket thing is my fault, and the raised blood pressure, but did I really bring the sinus infection and late invoice payment on myself?
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
        Its chucking it down and blowing a gale.

I went into the kitchen and noticed that one of the Buddleja bushes is lying flat on the lawn. Look like the wind has blown it down.

Looks like it can wait for a dryer period before I chop it up and take it to the tip.

I could salvage some cutting from it before it dies
        Mrs 5* didnt want to wait for the weather to dry up. So I had to go out in the rain and wind with a pair of loppers and cut it into manageable sections and put them in a less offending place.

Looks like a trip to the tip on Friday is beckoning.

Comment

Which is precisely why I posted this here. Then again I expect some "bleed across" from the usual suspects.

Rip me a new one? OK so the jacket thing is my fault, and the raised blood pressure, but did I really bring the sinus infection and late invoice payment on myself?
          Phone the airline and see if they have your jacket. Chase the client for the invoice.

Keep off the coffee,booze and cigs and hopefully the blood pressure will come down.

Comment

Stuck in Germany again.
            Invoice is late. Cashflow is dire. 6 weeks since I last had money in, and these flights and hotels aren't cheap. Consultancy being very evasive.
            Suffering from a sinus infection (on antibiotics now) but it's still pretty sore.
            Dr has said I have raised blood pressure (no tulip sherlock). Now eating sawdust for meals. No booze. Definately no fags.
            Not planning to have a dig but you really need to have savings if you are working abroad. I know its not the done thing but surely you can hit the corporation tax savings in the short term...
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning all

Well, I've done it. Gone over to the dark permy side

Comment

Stuck in Germany again.
                Have a

If we win the Euromillions tonight, I'll sub you a tenner.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                  Morning all

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    Not planning to have a dig but you really need to have savings if you are working abroad. I know its not the done thing but surely you can hit the corporation tax savings in the short term...
                    Ideally you are right. However life often isn't ideal. Not comfortable using money set aside for tax. Been burned this way before.

Edit : Did have some savings. Spent them on hotels and flights
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                      Morning all

Leave your gun and badge on the desk and don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X