• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Hmm, had forgotten about the smoked haddock as well.

Mmmmm, kedgeree.
    Damn.

That's a good idea.

I could get rid of all the smoked haddock in the freezer.

Feck nose how long it's been in there.

Comment

Hmm, had forgotten about the smoked haddock as well.

Mmmmm, kedgeree.
      Decision has been taken and both parties are in agreement.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Final invoice has been sent off a couple of days early as I want to ensure its paid before I fork orf on holliers and not have to spend time chasing it.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Need to come up with summat for a romantic dinner type thing tonight.

Any suggestions not involving liver or fava beans welcomed.
          Spoilsport.

Which reminds me I have some (very pongy) pigs liver in the freezer.

Maybe I shall have that for tea tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            Spoilsport.

Which reminds me I have some (very pongy) pigs liver in the freezer.

Maybe I shall have that for tea tomorrow.
            Well I wouldn't mind, but Mr N aint a big fan of beans.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              Damn.

That's a good idea.

I could get rid of all the smoked haddock in the freezer.

Feck nose how long it's been in there.
              Nor's Kedgeree - can also be found with other recipes in the CUK cookbook

1 ½ tsp garam masala/Mdaras curry powder
              ½ tsp cumin seeds
              ½ tsp mustard seeds
              2 tsp lemon juice
              400g smoked haddock
              100ml cream
              50g butter
              100g peas
              50 parsley
              2 boiled eggs sliced
              200g boiled rice ( basmati)
              1 onion chopped
              Salt and Pepper to taste

Put the rice on to cook ( if using basmati, wash the rice till the water is clear), I normally add about ¾ inch of water over the level of rice, bring to the boil and then cover and turn the heat down to a low simmer for 9 minutes. After that allow the rice to steam for about 15 minutes, do not remove the lid.
              Cook the haddock in water over a low heat for about 10 minutes, remove and break into flakes.
              Boil the eggs till the yolks have just set, cool and shell.
              Sauté the onion in butter and once soft, add the garam masala, mustard seeds, and cumin to cook out the raw flavours. Add the peas and cook them out.
              Add the rice to the onion and then follow with the cream, add enough so that it is a creamy not soupy texture, you do not want it to be too wet. Add the lemon juice last to cut some of the richness of the cream and mix the haddock through gently.
              To serve: slice the eggs, lay them on the rice sprinkle with the parsley and enjoy.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

if only the CUK cookbook had been sent to all people who donated towards it.

In other news Mrs Eek found a spider. Spider was inspected by eek jr off ill and she noticed that there was mould on a wall.

It looks like the pipe up to the bathroom has split. Insurance being sorted out now....
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Give Admin a shout. It wasn't an automatic process so he might have missed you accidentally.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

In other news Mrs Eek found a spider. Spider was inspected by eek jr off ill and she noticed that there was mould on a wall.

It looks like the pipe up to the bathroom has split. Insurance being sorted out now....
                    I had to send it out to a few peeps.

for the leak
                    Last edited by norrahe; 26 September 2014, 13:28.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Am making sticky toffee pudding as well

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X