• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<rant>
    How ****ing difficult can it be to book a bike on a train?

Going up to the lakes for a weekend. Booked travel tickets through virgin - you can't book your bike space online.

I call virgin trains.

Chap can only book the B'ham to Lakes leg of the ticket.
    He e-mails me screenshots of the reservation which, he tells me, I have to take to B'ham ticket office to get the vouchers to attach to bike. After some consultation, he decides I can after all take it to any ticket office.

I then phone Cross country to reserve the Reading to B'ham leg. Lady cannot find my booking as the tickets are booked through virgin, so I have to give her the details. We have a communication problem due to accents. Eventually she tells me my bike spaces are booked and gives my two long alphanumeric references. I write them down and repeat them. She cannot email them or text them to me "No madam" (no explanation). Her bookings have to be collected by entering the references into a ticket machine.

Until I collect all the vouchers, I have no confidence that the bookings are correct.

The whole process took 40 minutes, for what should be a 'bike space?' tick box on the website.

What fun.
    </rant>

Comment

Fridge trauma.

It now needs defrosting so badly that the door won't shut any more.

I suppose I'll have to defrost the fecker then.

Ho hum.

The icicles are pretty.

Comment

Home again, along with shopping garnered en route. A good time was had by all

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          Fridge trauma.

It now needs defrosting so badly that the door won't shut any more.

I suppose I'll have to defrost the fecker then.

Ho hum.

The icicles are pretty.
          Half hour with a hairdryer should do it
          Join IPSE

Comment

Bbq done, drinks enjoyed by all... Fookin knackered now
            Join IPSE

Comment

More drinks soon, need wee break
              Join IPSE

Comment

And to decide which will be my next drink