• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

nighty night.

Me too I think.

Have done bugger all today, so really must create new Wikipedia pages for all those shades of grey, and add them to the appropriate category page tomorrow.
    FTFY

Comment

Morning all

Already getting warm this morning. About to head out with the CC, may be taking it easy today
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          A bit more breezy as I crossed the river on the way back. Even better, the odd spot of water struck my face, and not from the river: from the heavens. So it looks like some rain may finally be arriving, it having been promised for a while now

In other news, the property developers seem to be taking full advantage of the "whatever you like, as long as it looks vaguely similar from a long way away on a dark night in fog" planning permission they got for their ruination of the engine maintenance shed, which is one of the very few bits of the Great Central Railway that hasn't been knocked down so they can build student flats or Barratt homes on the asbestos-laden ruins

I believe they're turning it into a Tesco Local or some such, which makes something of a mockery of the skilled engineering work that went on there for many decades. Still, nobody's likely to be running steam trains by there again, so I suppose it was doomed a long time ago.

I still feel a bit sad when they ruin all this industrial heritage while strutting around like the cock o'the walk over the historical accident of Richard III's bones though. Those who run Leicester have never had the remotest vestige of respect for the city's heritage.

It's not just the industrial heritage. They'll knock down the new Dick3 Visitor Centre and put cheap-build student flats on there in a heartbeat if they think it'll benefit their - sorry, I mean, benefit other, entirely unrelated - business interests.
          Isn't that the plot of the Beiderbecke Affair?

Comment

Afternoon all.

Well there's one house vacced & dusted a bit, and Sunday dinner cooked & eaten.

Silverside this week. Should be enough to see me through the week.

Comment

It's a bit sweaty out there.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Not too hot today which is nice.

Afternoon
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  It's a bit sweaty out there.
                  It's fairly sweaty in here too.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    Not too hot today which is nice.

Afternoon
                    Far more bearable. We decided 'last minute' on Friday to go and check our local Go Ape and Segway trail today. Rather looking forward to it, I must admit.

Comment

60 miles pedalled. Knackered.

Comment

Working...
                      X