• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On which slightly frustrating note:

Byeeee

Comment

I ran 5.5 miles at lunchtime today. To follow up from the 5.5 miles yesterday. As well as commuting into work. And my 2.4 mile swim Monday night.

Comment

bored now.

And its worryingly early.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning

Comment

Morning all, last day in the smoke before 2 weeks of working from home courtesty of the Olympics
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I was very tempted to WFH today but thought I would save that for next week when the rest of my team are on hols

Comment

I'm the only one in my part of the office today as it is. Unfortunately the peace is being spoiled by the constant racket of helicopters going overheard.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  Morning all, last day in the smoke before 2 weeks of working from home courtesty of the Olympics
                  Looks like I'm going to be stuck in London

Well if I actually sign the bleedin' contract. Agency has sent me an opt-out which I've told them to sod off on, they are insisting if its not signed the contract's off. I've told them as they have already introduced me to the client the opt out is null and void anyway.

They've also sent me a dodgy document separate to the main contract that identifies me an an individual separate from my company and which implies that I am to indemnify them should things go "t*ts up". Also a lot of the clauses in that document should be in the business to business contract

The last agency that put a clause like that in a contract got told to take it out or else I wasn't signing.

They've also been trying to get me to go through an umbrella as I have a cloggy limited, claiming my company couldn't conduct business in the UK, b*lltulip! got told to sod off on that case too.

I'm also getting constant bullying tactics in the phone.

Accountant has been sent docs to review under cloggy law, also contacted qdos, who used to insure me here to see if they will do a review for me (cloggy law doesn't do ir35, but need to get the personal doc reviewed).
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Morning
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Morning all.

Here I sit in the library with the hoi polloi,one of whom appears to be on something.

Comment

Working...
                      X