• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Just back from 11.5 mile run.

Just off to church to colllect some sponsorship for my iron man.
    I'm amazingly happy to say that I've never run 11.5 miles in my entire existence.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      I'm amazingly happy to say that I've never run 11.5 miles in my entire existence.
      Neither had I until a few months ago.

I collected about £400 sponsorship yesterday! Over £1000 now.

I had better finish.....

Comment

Morning all

Is it Monday already?!?!? Gah!

It was sunny AND raining this morning - was looking a bit silly with my shades on and a soaked T-shirt.

And no bike or bicycle. Dealer closed and bicycle in for service. Had to get the train in - dreadful experience. I've noticed alongside the constant terrorists announcements they've now started to make their excuses early by saying their services will be full to bursting during the limpics and it is important to plan your trip.

WTF?

I hate trains.
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
          Morning!

I've just been asked to look at a thousand lines worth of perl script. First time I've seen some up close. And no, never done any perl before. This could be fun. Or not.
          I once walked out on a job that was exactly like that. Only time I've ever just said "Flip it" and not bothered turning up, switched the phone off etc. Went to the pub instead, much more enjoyable.

So good luck with that

Comment

Morning!

I've just been asked to look at a thousand lines worth of perl script. First time I've seen some up close. And no, never done any perl before. This could be fun. Or not.

Bicycle in for major service: new rims, new cassette, new Gator tyres, new chain, new bearings. Only bought it last year but I have done about 7,000 miles on it.

Hopefully will be buying a Ninja tomorrow! If it's not raining
            Is the perl well written? I remember one perl interview where I was told my perl answer was rubbish - one of the other candidates could get the answer in one line. I asked whether they wanted to support it.

I am impressed by the bike riding! I am also doing similar mileage - but split between 2 bikes.

Comment

And this is post 59,000

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                And this is post 59,000
                Congrats!

Well, the good news is that perl is not required and my suggestion of using DTS has been approved! Yay!

Now, back to dreaming about Ninja's. The biking kind, not the nasty silent creepy stabbity-stab ones.
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Gosh.

Finally got most of the errors out of my pcb layout.

Now we start to make it a bit more rational.

Just as well I'm not doing this professionally.

Comment

Afternoon
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Congrats!

Well, the good news is that perl is not required and my suggestion of using DTS has been approved! Yay!

Now, back to dreaming about Ninja's. The biking kind, not the nasty silent creepy stabbity-stab ones.
                      Spoil sport. You've just replaced 6 weeks of support fun with 2 hours of WYSIWYG editing.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X