• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    I don't have a plan b (yet)

I wouldn't mind buying a little tea room somewhere. SIL had one and it racked in money. I was shocked that people were prepared to pay £10 for pot tea and a small piece of cake.
    MrsF was going to do that, with a friend. I offered to buy a stake in the business as a silent partner, because they had no startup money or anything like that.

Then the friend decided that she wanted to have more children to fill her sad, empty little life instead, so it all fell apart. We also don't live in an area where it would take off.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      MrsF was going to do that, with a friend. I offered to buy a stake in the business as a silent partner, because they had no startup money or anything like that.

Then the friend decided that she wanted to have more children to fill her sad, empty little life instead, so it all fell apart. We also don't live in an area where it would take off.
      The one SIL had was on a site with a garden centre and a 9 hole golf course.

She did special deals for golfers - can of coke and 4 finger kitkat £1.75

In the summer she would go to tesco and buy special offers on maguns. buy one get one free. So 6 would cost ~ £2. Sell them at £1.50 each

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        I am sure you are overjoyed and hope that you can cope with all the excitment.
        century

Comment

pali

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            What's up?
            On a Thursday Mrs BP usually collects the childminder's child. But today she has to collect the twins. So the child's grandmother has to be roped in. She is very forgetful - Mrs BP will call her to remind her just beforehand!

Comment

The one SIL had was on a site with a garden centre and a 9 hole golf course.

She did special deals for golfers - can of coke and 4 finger kitkat £1.75

In the summer she would go to tesco and buy special offers on maguns. buy one get one free. So 6 would cost ~ £2. Sell them at £1.50 each
              When I was at university, I had a summer job working in a theme park - the prices we used to charge for ice creams was extortionate, but it's a captive market.

We were also on instructions to try to get customers in the burger bar to buy the triple-decker rather than the double, because we added £1.25 for the burger and we bought them in at 25p a time.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Are you just learning to swim, or is this a more advanced thing?
                I think its to improve his strokes and make his swimming a little more refined / advanced.
                W5*S

I am quite strong/powerful - but I used to get overtaken by women doing the breast stroke!

I am getting alot faster - primary changes are turning hips more, kicking while breathing, keeping hands in right place, and reducing arm speed (concentrating on reach and pulling lots of water via forearm).

Its alot to remember!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  W5*S

I am quite strong/powerful - but I used to get overtaken by women doing the breast stroke!

I am getting alot faster - primary changes are turning hips more, kicking while breathing, keeping hands in right place, and reducing arm speed (concentrating on reach and pulling lots of water via forearm).

Its alot to remember!
                  MrsF and I swim while the girls are having their lesson on a Tuesday night. The biggest impact on my speed was buying prescription goggles, so I can put me head in the water and still see where I'm going. Best £20 I've spent in a long time.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

When I was at university, I had a summer job working in a theme park - the prices we used to charge for ice creams was extortionate, but it's a captive market.

We were also on instructions to try to get customers in the burger bar to buy the triple-decker rather than the double, because we added £1.25 for the burger and we bought them in at 25p a time.
                    Indeed. Mrs BP used to take kids out to ice cream van. But its alot cheaper to get them from ieland and get them out of the freezer when the van sounds its tune.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Indeed. Mrs BP used to take kids out to ice cream van. But its alot cheaper to get them from ieland and get them out of the freezer when the van sounds its tune.
                      Ice cream van doesn't come close enough to our house

We buy freezy pops in bulk and then the girls have those instead. MrsF and I buy whatever is on special in the supermarket for us and have them when the children aren't around!
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Working...
                      X