• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    Then there was a research associate with 4 cats. At 26 no-one should have 4 cats.
    Crazy cat lady

BTW, they don't mention it there, but you can buy a pack of additional cats to make her really realistic
    Last edited by NickFitz; 22 March 2008, 03:53.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
      Hi just saying good bye, I should of ignored it but it really got my goat, couple of beers didnt help, ah well take care, its good night and farewell from BumFluf
      Night BF

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
        It's not just odd, it's sad. You'd have thought that since it's been 30 or so years since "Glad to be Gay" was in the charts that things would have got easier for such kids.

Especially since it seems anything goes these days with that generation.
        How gay is that!

Seriously though, I was reading something in the paper the other day about the concern teachers have over the fact that "gay" is used as a term of abuse by modern schoolkids in just about any context.

Still, it's probably just a phase they're going through - back in the Seventies I used to have to put up with arrogant Southern ponces giving me grief for being from Liverpool. You don't get that kind of thing nowadays.

Oh, hang on...

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
          Having sent a PM to someone who needed one; done a good deed; offered to buy a complete stranger a few beers and finished a bottle of pink champagne, I think I shall go to bed.

Microwaved curry meals and pink champagne to wash it down! Who'd be a permie, eh?

Not a bad evening at all at home on CUK.

And why did we have pink champagne in the house? Because I'm a contractor pulling in a few grand EVERY WEEK.

By God, it's great being off the bench!

Glad to see you sorted - you deserve a decent (or at least lucrative) gig, if only for contributing so much to TPD during your downtime <-manly

Comment

And my arrival in Real Time is marked by reading a page or so of my own posts, half of which I'd forgotten about

Nearly up to page 3300...

Comment

29.1 Meg of database at the 3300 mark... wonder how the data transfer figures (which is the hosting provider's more-accurately-named-than-"bandwidth" term) are doing

Comment

Interesting thought... if my hosting provider have set up their systems to monitor data transfer in the sense of serving of HTTP responses by their virtual servers, maybe they won't even realise that my server has made (allowing for the page size as opposed to the amount of useful content therein) about 80-100 Meg of HTTP request/response transfers over their wires in the last twelve hours
                Last edited by NickFitz; 22 March 2008, 05:17. Reason: clarification

Comment

Although the CUK server is pretty unruffled at the moment, I shall resist the temptation to increase the spidering rate - no gentleman would use an automated process to hit another person's server more often than once every five seconds.

If it wasn't a Bank Holiday when the place is really quiet anyway, I'd cut it down to once a minute - it's a TPD-Spider, not a Denial of Service attack

Couldn't have it affecting the airspeed of the handbags, thereby stifling the flow of reasoned debate, could we now?

Comment

It only just occurred to me - by the fact that I'm posting about it here, it will become a self-documenting system! If you want to know about it, just search it

Comment

Snow

This morning is NOT sunny but it is bright.

By 6 a.m. there was thick snow on EVERYTHING.

It is still snowing, but it is also melting.

By the time Real People get up, it might have all gone!
                      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Working...
                      X