• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    It's time for a

BADGER
    Would that be a reference to any one of the marvellous selection of Badger Ales?

I must admit to being very fond of their output (except for that that bloody awful Wotnot Fly, the ginger flavoured one).
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
      Having given it some consideration, I think you were probably spot on there.

A poor confused kid desperately trying to big himself up because he doesn't know what he is.

It's not just odd, it's sad. You'd have thought that since it's been 30 or so years since "Glad to be Gay" was in the charts that things would have got easier for such kids.

Especially since it seems anything goes these days with that generation.
      To be perfectly honest, I found it amusing at first, and ignored is first fag! jab at me.
      Problem was, Bumfluff jumped to my defence and got rather riled, so I had to step in and do a little calming and mild retaliation to reduce collateral damage
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
        My daughter asked me today for information on making money online doing typing, articles, reviews, reporting etc.
        Typing - poor pay.
        Articles - for magazines and the like, does not pay at all well.
        Reviews - difficult to get the work.
        Reporting - typically requires qualifications to get poorly paid work.

Sadly, there's a lot of people bidding for that kind of work.

She is only working part time now because of the two granddaughters, and wants something to do in the evenings when they are in bed.
        TPD?

In that case, writing articles will bring in a few quid.
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Typing - poor pay.
          Articles - for magazines and the like, does not pay at all well.
          Reviews - difficult to get the work.
          Reporting - typically requires qualifications to get poorly paid work.

Sadly, there's a lot of people bidding for that kind of work.

TPD?

In that case, writing articles will bring in a few quid.
          I don't think it's the money so much, my son in law has a very lucrative business and they own a few BTL's as well. I think she just wants to do something and get paid for it to make it more interesting

Comment

To be perfectly honest, I found it amusing at first, and ignored is first fag! jab at me.
            Problem was, Bumfluff jumped to my defence and got rather riled, so I had to step in and do a little calming and mild retaliation to reduce collateral damage
            and now ferret's involved too.

I'm not sure it would have ever occurred to me to jump to your defence. If I was there and saw you being attacked, I think I'd just make myself comfy and wait for the dust to settle!

Comment

and now ferret's involved too.

I'm not sure it would have ever occurred to me to jump to your defence. If I was there and saw you being attacked, I think I'd just make myself comfy and wait for the dust to settle!
              For all my involvement in conflict over the years, I still believe the pen to be mightier than the sword

Comment

I don't think it's the money so much, my son in law has a very lucrative business and they own a few BTL's as well. I think she just wants to do something and get paid for it to make it more interesting
                In that case, she could consider working for AQA.

My wife did that for a few months. They money ain't great but the questions are hilarious!

You sit at home at your PC and the questions come up in a web page. You look up the answers online, copy 'n' paste them in and they get texted back to the questioner.

You get a few pennies per question but the questions the kids come up with have to be seen to be believed. Absolutely shocking!

Comment

In that case, she could consider working for AQA.

My wife did that for a few months. They money ain't great but the questions are hilarious!

You sit at home at your PC and the questions come up in a web page. You look up the answers online, copy 'n' paste them in and they get texted back to the questioner.

You get a few pennies per question but the questions the kids come up with have to be seen to be believed. Absolutely shocking!
                  Emailed her that one, thanks

Comment

Having sent a PM to someone who needed one; done a good deed; offered to buy a complete stranger a few beers and finished a bottle of pink champagne, I think I shall go to bed.

Microwaved curry meals and pink champagne to wash it down! Who'd be a permie, eh?

Not a bad evening at all at home on CUK.

And why did we have pink champagne in the house? Because I'm a contractor pulling in a few grand EVERY WEEK.

By God, it's great being off the bench!

Comment

Having sent a PM to someone who needed one; done a good deed; offered to buy a complete stranger a few beers and finished a bottle of pink champagne, I think I shall go to bed.

Microwaved curry meals and pink champagne to wash it down! Who'd be a permie, eh?

Not a bad evening at all at home on CUK.

And why did we have pink champagne in the house? Because I'm a contractor pulling in a few grand EVERY WEEK.

By God, it's great being off the bench!
                      Nice to see you off the bench mate, Have a good night

Comment

Working...
                      X