• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    The baby needs to be fed - night all

I do hope the 100k is left by morning...

That's one of your best yet! See you later when it gets to 999,997 !
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      BI's first post - an excellent piece if drivelling, IMHO

Post #17645, eh? Of course, it was all just green fields round here in those days...

TPD ain't what it used to be.

etc.

Clever chimp!
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Not sure about full text searching yet (I've not used that feature of mySQL before), but I have reason to believe that I've found the first occurrence of "nice pali"

It's all Scourer's fault
        I am 93% confident Scourer was the initiator of that expression (says he foolishly before doing a text search).

Comment

Right, that's 2,500 pages indexed, or nearly 25% of TPD, with the database on 19.5 Meg - time for the pub, methinks
          What class! What restraint!

Comment

Diver.

Firefox.

Dictionary.

Set.

British.

Resets.

Spetic.

Correct.

Design flaw.

Solution coming next...

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
              Diver.

Firefox.

Dictionary.

Set.

British.

Resets.

Spetic.

Correct.

Design flaw.

Solution coming next...
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Firefox - Proper English dictionary

When Firefox does an update, it offers the option:

"Add British English Dictionary for Inline Spell Checking
                Install dictionary now"

It offers this option even when you already have it installed and working OK.

If your British English dictionary is working OK in Firefox, just ignore the option.

Comment

If you have an incorrect dictionary, or no dictionary, then click on the option "Install dictionary now"

But, be careful. If you do not pay attention to what comes next, it will give you the Merkin dictionary.

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                    When Firefox does an update, it offers the option:

"Add British English Dictionary for Inline Spell Checking
                    Install dictionary now"

It offers this option even when you already have it installed and working OK.

If your British English dictionary is working OK in Firefox, just ignore the option.
                    I updated firefox and it changed my British English dictionary to yank, so I reinstalled the British English dictionary and it kept changing back to the yank.
                    That was a couple of months ago, I gave up and haven't tried since.

I'll give it another try now
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

When you click on "Install dictionary now" you would expect the default action to be the installation of the promised British English dictionary.

But no!

The default, in a HUGE green button, is the Spetic dictionary. Do NOT click on that HUGE green button.

Instead, scroll down to:

"English (British)" and click on the Install link next to it.

That will download and install the proper dictionary.

Comment

Working...
                      X