• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    So will take 48mb? and ready at 8am tmrw?

What time did you start?
    A lot of FG's posts in the early regions are just a link, whereas later on there's a lot of longer posts, so I'm not sure what the actual size will end up being.

I started earlier on, but can't remember what time. I had to break off for a bit because the server appeared to be having problems, but it turned out it was my Internet connection playing up. I think the router occasionally gets a bit confused when I've got torrents on the go - I've turned them off and it all seems to be going smoothly again.

Comment

So no long posts then? for instance I should not write antidisestablishmentarianism ?

Comment

ordoareallylongpostwithnospacesinitsothatyourserve rcannotprocessalltheinformatontogiveanaccuratecoun t.irememberalargepostfromsomeonethatexceededthepag esizesothatitdidnotwordwrap
        Married

Comment

Originally posted by AndyGarbs View Post
          Can i have a marching band some1

500th TPD post
          Not for 500, sorry. That Marching Band won't even get out of bed for less than a 1,000 drivelly posts.

But you can have a bunch of bananananas!

500 more drivels! That's 0.5% of the way to getting AtW his #100,000 post!

Well done!
          Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

The server's occasionally timing out on requests... then again, it is cheap shared hosting.

I'm also not sure if they're used to dealing with sites that make outbound requests to other sites... still, with the growth of mashups, they'll have to get used to it

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              So no long posts then? for instance I should not write antidisestablishmentarianism ?
              ordoareallylongpostwithnospacesinitsothatyourserve rcannotprocessalltheinformatontogiveanaccuratecoun t.irememberalargepostfromsomeonethatexceededthepag esizesothatitdidnotwordwrap
              No, they shouldn't be a problem unless the database gets bigger than I've paid for, in which case I'll have to whip out the credit card - it usually only takes a minute or so for them to increase one's allocation, even at the weekend. They're quite good, really

I still haven't thought through the smiley usage API yet... although Google's new data visualisation tools should allow for some funky-looking reports

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                Not for 500, sorry. That Marching Band won't even get out of bed for less than a 1,000 drivelly posts.

But you can have a bunch of bananananas!

500 more drivels! That's 0.5% of the way to getting AtW his #100,000 post!

Well done!
                I seem to remember I did not get it for 10k posts! So why does AG get it for only 1k? discrimination I tell you!

Will I get the marching band for 10k tpd posts?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  No, they shouldn't be a problem unless the database gets bigger than I've paid for, in which case I'll have to whip out the credit card - it usually only takes a minute or so for them to increase one's allocation, even at the weekend. They're quite good, really

I still haven't thought through the smiley usage API yet... although Google's new data visualisation tools should allow for some funky-looking reports
                  Is it still smutty friday? can I do some "whip it out" jokes?

Comment

is there a minimum post count for that list BI
                    Yes. The way that table used to work was to divide the TPD posts by the CUK posts.

Now the CUK posts do not include Light Relief (and, therefore, TPD), it has stuffed up the table.

There is a second effect.

I only capture the topmost 300 CUK posters. (I take a member list sorted by posts and use the first 300 records.)

That didn't used to be a problem. Now TPD is not included, you need 130 non-Light-Relief posts just to get into that top 300.

Hence, you won't appear in that table as you are not in that top 300.

But I shall be re-doing that table a different way in future, once I've worked out what that different way shall be.
                    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                      Yes. The way that table used to work was to divide the TPD posts by the CUK posts.

Now the CUK posts do not include Light Relief (and, therefore, TPD), it has stuffed up the table.

There is a second effect.

I only capture the topmost 300 CUK posters. (I take a member list sorted by posts and use the first 300 records.)

That didn't used to be a problem. Now TPD is not included, you need 130 non-Light-Relief posts just to get into that top 300.

Hence, you won't appear in that table as you are not in that top 300.

But I shall be re-doing that table a different way in future, once I've worked out what that different way shall be.
                      Are you suggesting that AG should go to general for a bit What has he done wrong?

And what about poor 19-year old Katie? She would only last minutes in that den of thieves...

Comment

Working...
                      X