• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Templars' success was tied closely to the success of the Crusades. When the Holy Land was lost and the Templars suffered crushing defeats, support for the Order's existence faded. Rumors about the Templars' secret initiation ceremony created mistrust, and King Philip IV of France, deeply in debt to the Order, began pressuring Pope Clement V to take action. On Friday, October 13, 1307, King Philip had the Order's members in France arrested, tortured into "confessions", and burned at the stake.[5] In 1312, Pope Clement, under continuing pressure from King Philip, forcibly disbanded the entire Order. The sudden disappearance of a major part of the European infrastructure gave rise to speculation and legends, which have kept the name "Templar" alive in modern fiction.
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
      morning matie, did you see my post about hte job offer ? or shall I re post it ?
      Mornin !,

No sorry, didn't see it. Can you repost it or send me an email ?

Ta.
      I don't know my arse from an hole in the ground

Comment

After the First Crusade resulted in the capture of Jerusalem in 1099, many European pilgrims headed for the area to visit what they referred to as The Holy Places. But although the city was under relative control, the rest of the Outremer was not. Bandits abounded, and pilgrims were routinely slaughtered, sometimes by the hundreds, as they attempted to make the journey from the coastline at Jaffa into the Holy Land.[6]
        SA says;
        Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

(whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by Clownio
          Mornin !,

No sorry, didn't see it. Can you repost it or send me an email ?

Ta.

I'll post it on here now....
          SA says;

(whatever these are)

Comment

Hi XXXXX,

> First of all thank you very much for your reply sent last week and I

> appreciate your positive answer. The reason why I didn't answer so far

> is because no decision has yet been taken.

> The objective of this mission is:

> - to validate the overall infrastructure design of the new head office

> site in XX XXXXX

> - to validate the design of services (OA, Backup, SAN,...) and ensure

> they will fit requirements/needs

> - to define the installation start-up sequence / develop steps and

> checklist

> - to review / validate detailed migration plan / fall back position

> So far some activities are being done internally and we're much more

> looking to consultancy based on spot / specific actions of a couple of

> days each time rather than a long missions over many weeks.

> I will keep you informed of the evolution of the situation and if we'll

> see if we can work together on this project.

>

>Regards,

>XXXXXX XXXX XXXXX

SA says;

(whatever these are)

Comment

there done...all yours...what do you think ?
              SA says;

(whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
                there done...all yours...what do you think ?
                Interesting - I'll give you a buzz.
                I don't know my arse from an hole in the ground

Comment

Around 1119, French knight Hugues de Payens and his relative Godfrey de Saint-Omer, veterans of the First Crusade, proposed the creation of a monastic order for the protection of these pilgrims.[7] King Baldwin II of Jerusalem agreed to their request, and gave them a headquarters in Jerusalem on the Temple Mount, in the captured Al Aqsa Mosque. The Temple Mount had a mystique, because it was above what was believed to be the ruins of the Temple of Solomon.[3][8] The Crusaders therefore referred to the Al Aqsa Mosque as Solomon's Temple, and it was from this location that the Order took its name of Poor Knights of Christ and the Temple of Solomon, or "Templar" knights. With few financial resources, the tiny Order of approximately nine knights had to rely on donations to survive. Their emblem displayed two knights riding on a single horse, emphasizing their poverty.
                  SA says;

(whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by Clownio
                    Interesting - I'll give you a buzz.

Yea, drop an email to my Bank address.

sounds like one or two days work every
                    SA says;

(whatever these are)

Comment

The Templars' impoverished status did not last long. The Order had a powerful patron in Bernard of Clairvaux, a leading church figure and a nephew of one of the founding knights. He spoke and wrote persuasively on their behalf, and in 1129 at the Council of Troyes, the Order was officially endorsed by the church. With this formal blessing, the Templars became a favored charity across Europe, receiving money, land, businesses, and noble-born sons from families who were eager to help with the fight in the Holy Land. Another major benefit came in 1139, when Pope Innocent II's papal bull Omne Datum Optimum exempted the Order from obedience to local laws. This ruling meant that the Templars could pass freely through all borders, were not required to pay any taxes, and were exempt from all authority except that of the Pope.[9]
                      SA says;

(whatever these are)

Comment

Working...
                      X