• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Troll
    In some places (Enfield, Hillingdon and Havering) the Greater London boundary has been realigned to the M25 while in others, most notably in Surrey, it is many miles distant
    These posts are terribly boring, Troll, much like a lot of tpd, but I find I have to read them.
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

The three service areas are located in the central north (JCT 23 South Mimms), south east (Clacket Lane)and central east (Thurrock).
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
        In 2004, following a poll, a move was mooted by the London Assembly to entirely align the Greater London boundary to the M25.[
        I do like the word 'mooted'. I prefer to pronounce it 'moooooted' though.

Comment

For a few minutes this afternoon Britain will have no prime minister. The moment will come after Tony Blair informs Her Majesty the Queen of his resignation and before Gordon Brown kisses her hand to mark his acceptance of her invitation to form the next government.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
            Gordon Brown kisses her hand to mark his acceptance of her invitation to form the next government.
            tpd has gone all s3xy again...

Comment

By historical standards this is a mere blink of the eye. When Churchill stood down it was a full day before Eden took over, leading the newspapers at the time to complain that Britain was leaderless. When Lloyd George resigned, it was a full four days.

Comment

Coffee break for Xeno.

Later groovers.

Comment

Technically, there will briefly be no ministers either, for when a prime minister resigns he tenders the resignations of all his colleagues at the same time. In practice, those who were ministers will remain in post until a new prime minister has been appointed and has formed a new government.

Comment

In an era when we've grown used to prime ministers being on call 24/7 it is intriguing - if admittedly trivial - to speculate how government would respond to attack during the gap.

Comment

I am told that two ministers are always designated to press the nuclear button if necessary so Britain could respond without a prime minister. Of course, Her Majesty would be likely to speed through the kissing of hands with Gordon Brown to allow the new man to take charge.

Comment

Working...
                      X