• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bear View Post

Evening all?

I've got a bit of catching up to do - back in a mo

hi Bear

how are you?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Any way of tagging cats and plotting their movements on google? Maybe using the rfid tag the vets use? What a great plan B!
      If people owned elephants in UK/USA it would work great!

Comment

Evening all?

Hi Bear

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Any way of tagging cats and plotting their movements on google? Maybe using the rfid tag the vets use? What a great plan B!
          RFID only operates over very short ranges.

If you fit the cat out like this one, you could incorporate a GPS unit...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            RFID only operates over very short ranges.

If you fit the cat out like this one, you could incorporate a GPS unit...
            not sure the gf would be keen on putting her beloved tiddles in a truck acident.

so people have to own elephants then?

Comment

full house

Today, 21:52 #65665
              BrilloPad
              Godlike

Comment

21:53 #65666
                BrilloPad
                Godlike

four of a kind

Comment

Evening all?

Hey Ted!!
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Have you checked this, from MS?
                    I hadn't - there are so many file types defined that clicking on each one took quite a while!

I had also searched the registry - no joy there.

So I did a search (ZTreeWin - replacement for XTGold is a God send for this kind of work) on every file changed since I started messing about with this Ubuntu.

The only references to A: were in temporary internet files for Internet Explorer (huh?) and in \WINDOWS\RECENT a run of PRESIZER.EXE on A: (huh?) and a shortcut to A: was in \WINDOWS\RECENT too.

Cleared the Internet Explorer cache & history, and deleted the \WINDOWS\RECENT entries.

Sorted. (If I go into the recycle bin, as it gets to the two \WINDOWS\RECENT entries, it accesses the floppy drive. well weird.)

But I've no idea at all why ... ah. PRESIZER.EXE is a Linux tool related to dual boot stuff.

Poxy Ubuntu.
                    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                      I hadn't - there are so many file types defined that clicking on each one took quite a while!

I had also searched the registry - no joy there.

So I did a search (ZTreeWin - replacement for XTGold is a God send for this kind of work) on every file changed since I started messing about with this Ubuntu.

The only references to A: were in temporary internet files for Internet Explorer (huh?) and in \WINDOWS\RECENT a run of PRESIZER.EXE on A: (huh?) and a shortcut to A: was in \WINDOWS\RECENT too.

Cleared the Internet Explorer cache & history, and deleted the \WINDOWS\RECENT entries.

Sorted. (If I go into the recycle bin, as it gets to the two \WINDOWS\RECENT entries, it accesses the floppy drive. well weird.)

But I've no idea at all why ... ah. PRESIZER.EXE is a Linux tool related to dual boot stuff.

Poxy Ubuntu.

gosh - what a fun Saturday night! remember when you used to go clubbing?

Comment

Working...
                      X