• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    Hello

I am impressed by your ability to get people moving to other client sites to take you along!
    Indeed

The interview was interesting - three fellow geeks, one of whom I already knew and another one who'd heard of me through the work I'd done previously for NewClientCorp. It was more of a "let's make sure we'll all get along" interview; there was little chance of me not getting in, given that the new boss wanted me there.

Giving them a rundown of how I got to be where I am, I was stopped at 1990: "Could I just take you back and ask you to tell us more about your time as a games programmer - not because it's relevant to the work here, but because it sounds really cool!"

I knew then that I'd definitely cracked it

Comment

Right, let's see what my options are for getting Facebook apps running properly...

I need PHP 5 or Java (presumably the Servlet API), but the people who host my site don't support PHP beyond 4 (despite my badgering them) and impose preposterous restrictions on Java servlets, so I might have to buy a new domain and set up with a different hosting provider

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
        Same here, laptop, satnav etc..

Well done!
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          "Could I just take you back and ask you to tell us more about your time as a games programmer - not because it's relevant to the work here, but because it sounds really cool!"

I knew then that I'd definitely cracked it
          It would with me too. I'd give you the job.
          Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Ooh, apparently there's an official PHP4 client bundled with the PHP 5 download - it's not mentioned except as an aside in the developer wiki...

{scampers off to download code}

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
              199 to go.

Well done!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Originally posted by DS23 View Post

you mean you can't eat curry? o m g
                Oh, I can eat it alright...

It's just the constricted throat, the itching mouth, followed by the rolling around in agony and the projectile vomiting that I don't like.

Same thing happened when I incautiously consumed some bombay mix...
                Huh? What's the problem? That's what curry did to all of us the first time. That's just what curry does.

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                  Not all today.

Well done!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    Posting stream of consciousness drivel in the sweat of my brow...

Well done!

Comment

Only another 473 TPD posts to read ... that's just under 24 hours worth.

Comment

Working...
                      X