• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post

Given that you are still ill (and contagious) I would send your mum and brother an apology and skip this week.
    Yes, that would be the most sensible approach.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Just popped in from my sick bed to inform thems that might be innerested: Series 6 of Surgeons will be on iPlayer 27 March.

Still coughing, haven't slept or eaten properly for a week. Not sure if I'll be driving down to see Mum tomorrow, especially due to the shenanigans on the M25.
    Given that you are still ill (and contagious) I would send your mum and brother an apology and skip this week.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Just popped in from my sick bed to inform thems that might be innerested: Series 6 of Surgeons will be on iPlayer 27 March.

Still coughing, haven't slept or eaten properly for a week. Not sure if I'll be driving down to see Mum tomorrow, especially due to the shenanigans on the M25.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Afternoon denizens

Cloudy day yet again. The wind seems to have dropped though. Currently at today's highest temperature of 11°C, and the barometers are resurgent at 1008/1016mB. There's a 60% chance of showers in the next hour

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Saturday.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Lunch: pork cutlet in a wholemeal bap with apple sauce, and a bag of plain crisps

It's turned sunny here now

And the gardener has been, so the lawns are all looking very neat
    OM.

Dry.

Grey.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 13.1 deg, 12.5 deg in the kitchen, 11 deg in the leanto.

1015 mBar, 29.973 in Hg, 761.312 Torr, 14.72 psi, (up from 1012 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 68% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 6th of September 2019 NF's "wot's this 'ere" ear was improving, but not sufficiently to allow the use of the in ear hearing aid, whereas there were no pandas on NF's menu for the evening meal, whilst films mentioned were John Wick I & II, and my viewing was "Timecop" which I'd purchased from Woolies in 2008 for £3.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom & intermittent drizzle, with the scarf & gloves remaining in place, unlike yesterday when they were discarded after 15 minutes.

Lunch: baked (over) potato etc.

Entertainment: Money Box.

10 minutes of "Colonel March: the 2nd Mona Lisa": difficult to believe it could ever have sold for £750k. .

Last 15 minutes of "Local Hero (1983)".

Bit of Highway Cops until I realised I'd watched it during the week.

Freecell score: 91%, running average: 86%. Had to give up on one game because it looked impossible & I couldn't see how to win it due to the red mist descending.

I see with some innerest that "we" have a new Glorious Leader, one who received £200k from some company or other in the waste disposal industry who have a somewhat dodgy rep to say the least. But it's all declared & above board apparently, so nothing to see there.

Slag heaps in Lancashire anyone? (You've got to be an to remember that choice little morsel from 1975ish: Falkender family slag heaps:

https://content.time.com/time/subscr...943617,00.html
    ).

I'm stirring the coffee with a Wooden Spoon. Stone me. How are the mighty fallen. All around stretch the sands.

Tea: spag bol etc.

Entertainment: Dixon of Dock Green "A scrap of paint (1964)". Gosh. Andy Crawford seems to have recovered well from being shot last week (in 1963).

Maigret S4 E10 "Another world (1963)". The chap dead in a bath one.

The Edgar Wallace Mystery Theatre S2 E2: "Man at the Carlton Tower (1961)".

Lots of faces in this one: Nyree Dawn Porter, Nigel Green, Lee Montague, Terrence Alexander.

Goodness me, the E type Jaguar had an MOT all the way to 2018.

Mission Unexplained: more bollox on Blaze. <click> My tolerance for bollox seems to be diminishing.

First 25 minutes of T3 (2003).
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 March 2024, 09:42.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Dry with some light clouds, which may mean a pleasant morning. Haven’t been out yet.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tonight's major motion picture premiere was S.W.A.T. (2003) because I fancied something with explosions and shootouts and that. It kind of delivers; they could have lost thirty minutes or more of the first hour without affecting anything, but the second hour is good. So it's a film of two halves, the first of which could have been a quarter (or less)

And then a rewatch of The Revenant (2015) because… well, no good reason other than that it's a while since I watched it. It's very good

And then a couple more episodes of S2 of The Wire

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea: chicken in red wine sauce with chips and peas

Accompanied by Trucking Hell

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Timesheet done, and it's the weekend!

Some heavy showers passed through this afternoon, leading to a rainbow out the front at one point

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: pork cutlet in a wholemeal bap with apple sauce, and a bag of plain crisps

It's turned sunny here now

And the gardener has been, so the lawns are all looking very neat

Leave a comment:

Working...
X