• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Monday.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Drizzly.

Wet.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 16.5 deg, 16 deg in the kitchen, 14.5 deg in the leanto.

1015.5 mBar, 29.987 in Hg, 761.687 Torr, 14.728 psi, (down from 1017 last night), 66% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 25th of November it was grey & raining & NF remarked on the bus windows being steamed up by the soggy hoi polloi within, covbob popped in for a visit having gone to the dark side in the NHS but with possibilities of a change for the better with an interview he'd forgotten applying for, whereas the Oak Island nutjobbery were busy finding wood, this being all they ever find, plus a 1963 dime which gave some return on the investment. .

No walk: endless rain.

Freecell score: 96%, running average: 79%.

Lunch: there was brunch.

Due to the endless rain I fixed an old Dansette RT111 transistor radio that I've owned since I was 6. Turned out the problem was some 2nd hand resistor I'd grafted in about 40 years ago. I left the 'orrible Hunts and Plessey electrolytic capacitors alone.

Firkled about with the bedroom radio: we shall see if the crackle is cured.

Tea: chicken in white sauce etc. Made a change, haven't had that for a while.

Entertainment: whatever was on R4 at 18:30ish.

Simon Schama waffling on about The Sea. It was tedious.

Oak Island nutjobbery: the cut coin turns out to be "Roman". What did the Romans ever do for Oak Island? The metal detecting moron finds an iron pin in the swamp. So once again, we ain't found tulip. . Twas ever thus.

Planes that changed the world: Douglas DC3.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 22:43.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all
      Overnight rain has left the lanes a bit wet, but otherwise a pleasant walk was had.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

There was blue sky and wispy fluff when I got up but now it's all cloudy. Damp. Currently 14 degrees with a high of 16 expected, Rain forecast later this afternoon. Barometer steady at 1022 mBar.

I am trying to get my creative crayons working today.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Pâté on white bloomer toast for lunch

It continues grey and a tad murky here

Comment

Tank de lawd I ain't feeling tired like yesterday. Just been round to visit me housebound neighbour. Ate too many biscuits!
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Back to the situation where the living room light, which is programmed to come on fifteen minutes before sunset, is already on when I finish work

Comment

Tea has been KFC leftovers

Accompanied by a new episode of the Gloucestershire plod, who appear to spend about 80% of their night shifts dealing with drunken idiots outside W H Smiths on the High Street in Cheltenham

Comment

I finished Falling. Good thriller

Tomorrow, the people I've been shadowing have a lot of meetings, so I get to write some code while they're doing that. Makes a nice change

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                    X