• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This evening's reading has been the first couple of chapters of The Siege by Ben Macintyre, concerning the 1979 Iranian Embassy business that brought the SAS to public attention

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Rosy fingered dawn to start with but once you get much above the horizon, the sky is overcast. It's likely to clear to some degree from around nine onwards though, and a clear night tonight means it may get rather chilly. 6°C now ("feels like" 2°), high of 10°, and likely to get down to 2° before sun up tomorrow; the barometers are up to 991/999mB

Comment

Morning all
        Slightly soaked on the walk. Still raining.

Watched the first episode of Ludwig last night on iPllayer, found it very funny and lots of it I could relate to.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Thursday apparently.

Dry.

Grey.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 16.8 deg, 17.5 in the kitchen, 14 in the leanto.

1000 mBar, 29.53 in Hg, 750.1 Torr, 14.5 psi, (up from 993 last night), 71% RH (Lidl electric: dehumidifier not on long enough to matter).

Meanwhile on the 20th of November 2019 there was discussion of chicken & sweetcorn soup (texture resembling wallpaper paste apparently) plus mention of the Wispa bar and Aero, with some preference for the former over the latter whereas WTFH was helped by the postman to transfer the shopping from the car to the house.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 07:19.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Overcast. Wet from from this morning's rain. Currently 9 degrees with a high of 12 forecast. Rain expected over lunchtime after which the clouds may part enough to allow some sunshine through. Barometer up to 1004 mBar.

HWMBO's eldest is passing through London and is staying over tonight. They're off to the theatre this evening to see David Tennant in the Scottish play. Meanwhile I am off to meet a friend for lunch and see a matinee performance of The Duchess featuring Jodie Whittaker. All very Dr Who themed in a totally non Whovian manner.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Today's "Scrambled Maps" was a bit of a bugger
              lot's of twisty little pictures of sky, - all alike.

Comment

Lunch: Scotch broth with a thick crust of wholemeal

It's brightened up a bit as promised, though still quite a lot of fluffy lumpy bits hanging around

Disappointed that Threads isn't first in the "Most Popular" section on iPlayer - or not yet…

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Lunch: Scotch broth with a thick crust of wholemeal

It's brightened up a bit as promised, though still quite a lot of fluffy lumpy bits hanging around

Disappointed that Threads isn't first in the "Most Popular" section on iPlayer - or not yet…
                  just another apocalypse story. one gets a bit jaded after the 50th or so.
                  but, strokes fer folks.

Comment

Just been for my flu jab

Comment

I ventured forth to the Sainsbury's That Isn't Big Enough, which lived up to its name by either being out of stock of various items, or apparently not stocking them in the first place

Oh well, it keeps the bill down if the stuff isn't there to buy to start with. I got enough things I wanted to tide me over until next week, which is Viz week and will thus require a trip across town to Usual Sainsbury's

Coming home, it's only a small detour to the VAT fraud chip shop, so tea has been fish & chips

Comment

Working...
                      X