• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Sunday.

A dream about the hydraulic clutch operating lever on the Ford Zodiac Mk IV. .

Dry.

Grey.

Wanly sunny.

Misty.

Cloudy.

Cool in here at 19.8 deg, 21 deg in the kitchen, 18.5 deg in the leanto.

1019 mBar, 30.09 in Hg, 764.3 Torr, 14.779 psi, (up from 1015 last night), 71% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 26th of October 2019 there was some sort of rugger competition under way, whereas I was more innerested in going to that Swansea to watch Shaun the Sheep in Farmageddon and buying more Glengettie teabags before I ran out of same, plus next door's cat wasn't using the litter tray much to my amazement, LM had had a nice evening out, and xogg had found a £10 note when clearing a footpath, which was nice.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 July 2024, 08:46.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all
      Lots of gardening yesterday and more to come today. Main mower deck belt went ping again and when I changed it, the replacement kept jumping off. Getting tired of repairing it.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start out, and it's going to be a warm one too: already 18°C, with an expected high of 24°. The barometers are resurgent at 1014/1022mB

More Monkey Life this morning!

Comment

Morning.

Sunday.

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          A dream about the hydraulic clutch operating lever on the Ford Zodiac Mk IV. .

Dry.

Grey.

Wanly sunny.

Misty.

Cloudy.

Cool in here at 19.8 deg, 21 deg in the kitchen, 18.5 deg in the leanto.

1019 mBar, 30.09 in Hg, 764.3 Torr, 14.779 psi, (up from 1015 last night), 71% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 26th of October 2019 there was some sort of rugger competition under way, whereas I was more innerested in going to that Swansea to watch Shaun the Sheep in Farmageddon and buying more Glengettie teabags before I ran out of same, plus next door's cat wasn't using the litter tray much to my amazement, LM had had a nice evening out, and xogg had found a £10 note when clearing a footpath, which was nice.
          As per.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: something on R4, I forget quite wot.

The Mentalist S3 E3, E4, E5, this last the boring horserace one.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: The Mentalist S3 E6.

Am Dro: the Eisteddfod special, quite how special remains to be seen.

Digging up Britain with that Alice Roberts. 2016.

Disasters: Zeebrugge ferry disaster. The usual tale of incompetence.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 July 2024, 21:35.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Morning all
            Lots of gardening yesterday and more to come today. Main mower deck belt went ping again and when I changed it, the replacement kept jumping off. Getting tired of repairing it.
            morning,

doesn't your gardener take care of all that stuff??

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky with wispy fluff. Currently 22 degrees with a high of 26 expected. Barometer up to 1023 mBar.

Off to visit Mum today. We finally sorted a gardener which she'll be pleased about.

Comment

Originally posted by sadkingbilly View Post

morning,

doesn't your gardener take care of all that stuff??
                Are you mad? My gardener knows as much about the mechanics of mowers as I do about moderating internet forums!
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Are you mad? My gardener knows as much about the mechanics of mowers as I do about moderating internet forums!
                  ah! - an expert then

Comment

The mundane laundry is on

Lunch was some KFC popcorn chicken that they included for free, reheated in the air fryer as it had gone a bit soggy in the fridge overnight. Nice enough as a snack, though not very filling so I might have something else in a bit

Comment

It was a hot and sticky ride down to Sussex. I think the aircon in my car is kaput. More expense!

Mum was ok, new notes in the kitchen claiming things have been stolen. Evidently the steak knives have been found and it's now spectacles that are missing.

HWMBO greeted me with a cooling G&T on my arrival home.

Comment

Working...
                      X