• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They arrived at 7.45, offloaded and have now gone.

A lot more to the delivery than I expected, might possibly have got AtW's sofa as well.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Tuesday.

Much dreaming of L di/dt and such like which made a change from the opto sensors and logic design of the other day.

Dry.

Wanly sunny.

Cool in here at 20.6 deg, 21.5 in the kitchen, 20 in the leanto.

1012.5 mBar, 29.899 in Hg, 759.44 Torr, 14.685 psi, (up from 1008 last night), 73% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 24th of October 2019 there was much discussion of BTVS and "Das Boot" which continued on to the 25th with more discussion of the variety of presentations of this epic of German submariners in WWII.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the greyish gloom. Picks of rain at one point. Two butterflies.

Lunch: baked spud etc. Hints of blue on the toast.

Entertainment: Y&Y <click> TWATO <click> Book.

Stewed apple reheated to remove the taste of freezer.

The Mentalist S2 E3, E4.

Tea: soup etc. The last two slices of the loaf didn't taste blue.

Entertainment: Scotland Yard: Crime of Honour (1958). The wine importer one.

The Capone Investment: well Grommit would be shocked by that.

The Mentalist S2 E5, E6, E7, E8.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 July 2024, 22:17.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Another dull start to the day. Dry but much cloud. Currently 19 degrees with a high of 25 expected. Rain forecast around lunchtime.

This morning I woke to an email from Thames Water where they claimed I had asked to pay my bill in full rather than monthly installments. This is not something I had requested at all.

Comment

Pork pie for lunch

Comment

Just ate half an Easter egg. I've been very slow at getting through them this year, but there's only a couple left now!

Comment

Hmm. Been invited by annoying bloke I know from karaoke to sing on stage in front of about 65 people.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Today I commenced some training in a bid to bolster yea olde CV.

HWMBO has made a ton of caponata, which will make for delicious edibles this week.

Comment

Tea: sausages (the ones with caramelised onion) with chips and beans

Accompanied by Secrets of the London Underground about South Kentish Town and other places

Comment

No further telly watched tonight, nor much of anything done really

Early night now as it's dark enough, but will be getting light a bit earlier than I'd wish

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                      Overcast and humid out, but a pleasant walk has been walked.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X