• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And that remind me I must see if Brillo is around when I'm in Llandudno next month.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Morning denizens

Grey morning out, and a bit breezy too, with the big sycamore undulating and the conifers shimmying. Mild though, at 16°C and heading for 19°C. The barometers are essentially steady at 1000/1007mB

I had a rather poor night's sleep, often waking for no obvious reason. This continued until some time after seven, when I decided I might as well get up - which, of course, caused me to immediately drop off and sleep solidly until nearly ten
      Your body is used to you being up at the weekend until 3-5am. It simply can't cope with you going to bed at 11pm on a non school night.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Millenium x10

Comment

The bed has been stripped and left to air while the laundry gets laundered.

Comment

Hi people.
            today has been mostly plumbing and IT related.
            fitted new karzy seat, fixed flush and cistern level.
            resurrected an old, creaky* win98 laptop by replacing battery, installing 16Gb memory (I had old SODIMMs in a drawer), and installing Linux Mint64. - cost 35 quid for the battery.
            works fine for what my mate wants(email,chrome,libreoffice).

*just like me, this entropy thing is overrated.
            nice lazy sunday

Comment

I emptied some boxes of booze onto a shelf, creating no additional space whatsoever and still have four boxes (24 bottles) that have no home. These are ones that are rarely used and only useful for cocktails so they might go into the cupboard under the stairs for now with better labelling than the the "random" I've currently scribbled on the box.

HWMBO has rebuilt the BBQ ready to use tomorrow.

Decided to visit Mum on Tuesday rather than tomorrow as we're going to the cinema tomorrow evening.
              Last edited by ladymuck; 14 July 2024, 18:01.

Comment

Tea: lamb shank with chips and peas, again, the shank being the leftovers from Friday

I gather there's association football on multiple channels this evening. Luckily, there are plenty of others to choose from

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Your body is used to you being up at the weekend until 3-5am. It simply can't cope with you going to bed at 11pm on a non school night.
                  That tends to be just Fridays nowadays, though the plan to "get things done" on Sunday never seems to come to fruition

Comment

Something something coming home.

TFBSZ
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Speaking of not getting things done, Sundays have reverted to a reasonable mixture of US borders, Antipodean borders, and NZ police being far more polite to people than they deserve

And this evening, I returned to Sam Pepys' diary for 1667, getting through the first half of February - he went in to a lot of detail for most days this year, as is clear from looking at the thickness of this volume compared to the others

Monday yet again tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X