• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ah, - right! - another useful 'feature' then

Comment

Lunch: roast beef bap (wholemeal) with a bag of plain crisps

Comment

Which took me back to 2nd of October 2019.

This software really is borked.

Unlike this one which took me back to October 5th 2019. .
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon denizens!

Rather cool and cloudy here today but at least it isn't raining.

CovToyota developed a blow on the exhaust over the weekend. It's due an MOT next month and so I may be reaching the point of deciding whether it lives for another year. It's on 115k so should have a little while left yet with some nursing along. Thankfully I no longer get through cars like I did before the Covid times when I'd just accept driving all over the country for contracts.

8 weeks left here on my notice. No signs of another job yet but that's OK I guess. I'd be hoping a bit to find a contract this far out! I just need to fight through having basically no enthusiasm and not a huge amount (though not zero) of work to do.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
            CovToyota developed a blow on the exhaust over the weekend. It's due an MOT next month and so I may be reaching the point of deciding whether it lives for another year. It's on 115k so should have a little while left yet with some nursing along. Thankfully I no longer get through cars like I did before the Covid times when I'd just accept driving all over the country for contracts.
            It's a Toyota - patch up that bit and the rest of it will keep going forever

Can't remember exactly what mine's on but I think it's about 165K at the age of 23

Comment

A meeting overran and there wasn't much time to do anything before the next one, so I bought myself a new iPad Air just for something to do. Delivery tomorrow

Comment

Music thing yesterday and ll1 didn't turn up, said she'd lost track of time. It was pretty boring anyway so glad I didn't have to stay. We all put flowers outside today for neighbour's funeral, seems she had viral pneumonia. Knackering long footpath inspection followed by brief call on another neighbour. Various falls again when she couldn't get up. Same thing with neighbour other side. hope I don't get like that soon.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Uneventful morning.

Paid the moving deposit. Booked parking suspensions for moving day. Booked broadband installation (full fibre!).

Comment

Tea: chicken and chips with gravy

Today turned cloudy after the promising start, and has remained so

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      Booked broadband installation (full fibre!).
                      We're supposed to be able to get that round here; they announced it not long after I moved in, when I'd already arranged a two-year business broadband contract through MyCo

That runs out in December, so I'm going to see what's on offer in the autumn - I assume they'll need to run the new connection up to the flat somehow, and that will almost certainly involve the property management company, so it might take a few weeks to sort it all out

Comment

Working...
                      X