• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea: gammon and chips with fried eggs and beans

Been rainy off and on today, but some very heavy showers this evening, leading to a nice rainbow at one point

Quite a few meetings today - well, three I think, but that seems a lot after the past few months. Mostly catching the new PM and BA up with stuff; luckily, they're good and getting up to speed quickly

Despite that, I found time this afternoon to pop round the corner to post my brother-in-law's birthday card and collect the monthly prescription from the chemist's

Comment

Four walls sanded, holes filled and then the bare patches of plaster painted where the radiators used to be. Tomorrow the new ones will be mounted and hopefully we will have heating and hot water.
      Tonight will just be a bit chilly.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Watched a bit of the Gloucestershire police thing earlier

Also did a bit of mucking around with SceneKit but I'm feeling very tired tonight for some reason, so didn't really get very far

The weather moved on, but it looks like some more may be arriving tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start for a change, though the phone app insists it's "mostly cloudy" so maybe that blindingly bright thing that just emerged to the east is closer than I think. Due to get windier and rainier later, though. Currently 6°C and maybe getting to 13°, and the barometers are well up at 1011/1019mB

Comment

Morning all
            Chilly inside, and currently drizzling out, but was dry for most of our walk.

Went to order oil yesterday, new tank is declared as 2,326l max fill, so I thought I'd order 2,000l went on to boiler juice and got their prices, then went to the oil company direct.
            2,000l was 77ppl emergency (next day), 75p standard (1 week) or 72p express (3 day). Yes, it was cheaper to go for a faster deliver than a slower one.
            Then I had a thought, which was that we might not have room for 2,000l, given that there was some left in the old tank, so I decided to amend my quote to 1,500l.
            You'd normally expect to get a better price if you order more, but this being Devon where things happen differently, emergency was 72ppl, express was 70ppl and standard was 66ppl.

Comment

Morning.

Wednesday.

Wet.

Drizzly.

Grey.

Misty.

Marsh full.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 13.5 deg, 12.5 deg in the kitchen, 13 deg in the leanto.

1019 mBar, 30.09 in Hg, 764.3 Torr, 14.779 psi, (up from 1018 last night and 90 degree barometer change from yesterday morning), 77% RH (GDR hair), 70% RH (Lidl electric).

Unexpectedly returned to 12th of September 2019 for some reason. How odd. When the bus pass site had crashed relieving the pressure on the computers in the library.

Freecell score: 83%, running average: 86%.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Freecell score: 91%, running average: 86%.

House roughly vacced.

Veronica Mars S1 E7 "The girl next door". Next floor up as it happens.

Tea: chicken breast with some odd sausages and some smoked bacon to give it some passing flavour.

Entertainment: The Mentalist S2 E10 "Throwing Fire". Jane gets knocked out by a baseball.

freecell score: 55%.

"Nobody (2021)" with Better Call Saul. . Lots of good Russians in this one. . The more the merrier. .
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 April 2024, 22:49.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Sunny with lumps of fluff. Currently 12 degrees with a high of 13 expected. Rain forecast for this afternoon. Barometer up to 1026 mBar.

Was supposed to be in the office today but didn't feel like going in, so I didn't.

Yesterday's theatre trip was good fun. I discovered that Jonny Lee Miller basically plays the same character in everything he does. A bit like Jason Statham.

Comment

Lunch earlier was Scotch broth with a thick crust of wholemeal

Drizzly showers for most of the day so far, but in theory they may stop soon. I'm thinking of going to Sainsbury's this evening, just for a change, but will probably leave it until tomorrow

Comment

New radiators installed and working. The plumber had a go at getting the new thermostat & controller working, but the existing thermostat appears to be overriding them. He's called in a sparks to sort it.

Comment

Tea tonight has been chicken in red wine sauce with chips and peas

Accompanied by the latest episode of the Brighton cops thing

The weather improved somewhat but I couldn't be bothered to go shopping, so I'll have to do that tomorrow instead

Comment

Working...
                      X