• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Grey day out but mild enough at the moment, being 11°C. It'll get up to 14° this afternoon, but then at teatime the rain will probably arrive and continue through the night (40-65% likelihood). The barometers are distinctly up though, at 1016/1024mB

Comment

Morning all

Dull, damp, overcast. Currently 11 degrees with a high of 13 expected. Rain forecast from early evening onwards. Barometer up to 1029 mBar.

Last bit of bed linen in the WM.

HWMBO is on his way down from north of the wall.

I have what appears to be a cold.

Comment

Lunch has been a chicken and bacon butty (wholemeal)

Comment

Went for me walk in the local woods as was gray and a bit wet. Came across 2 new looking golf balls. Nowhere near a golf course. Who plays golf in the woods?
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Went for me walk in the local woods as was gray and a bit wet. Came across 2 new looking golf balls. Nowhere near a golf course. Who plays golf in the woods?
            Careful - they might be Donald Trump eggs

Comment

For tea, I had a burger and fries deli verde from Five Guys in town

It was OK, as burgers go. Mind you, I seldom patronise burger places so I don't have much to compare it to; the last time I went to a burger place, it was the Five Guys on Long Acre in Covent Garden

I prefer their approach to ordering, though. At other places, they put all this muck on the burger and you have to know what it is so you can ask them to leave it off. Result: the ever-present danger of discovering that it's been contaminated with mayonnaise or gherkins or something horrible like that because you weren't forewarned

At Five Guys, they adopt the approach of starting with just a burger and a bun and then you specify exactly which of the available forms of muck to add to it, so there's no unpleasant surprises

Comment

^^ yes the Five Guys "less is more" approach is good. No risk of onions.

The cold is very much making its presence felt. I may not be well enough to visit Mum tomorrow. I have to rest up as HWMBO and I are meeting a very special person on Monday evening.

Comment

Lots of wildlife stuff on the box this afternoon and evening, including Monkey Life in which a storm hit the park causing quite a lot of damage, though nobody managed to escape

And later I read some more of The Darkroom

It's raining a lot here, and has been since teatime.

Early night for me too now. Still not sure if I've got the lurgy or not, but I'm very tired

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Careful - they might be Donald Trump eggs
                    Only if they're Orange.

Morning.

Sunday, despite me being convinced it was Wednesday.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Misty.

Sunless.

Damp.

Chilly in here at 13.8 deg, 13 deg in the kitchen, 13 deg in the leanto.

1021 mBar, 30.15 in Hg, 765.8 Torr, 14.808 psi, (unchanged), 75% RH (GDR hair), 68% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 30th of August 2019 there was talk of 4 or 5 eggs a day from the WTFH hens, rail guns and Eric Laithwaite's 1966 and 1974 Xmas lectures as viewed by several of the denizens with NF rating himself as an for having viewed the 1974 version, plus Rambo I II III and IV had been viewed with the advent of V being imminent.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the grey gloom. The rain started after I returned.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: some bollox on R4 about Ely in Cardiff with that newsreader chap.

Destroyed in Seconds (or whatever): stuff blowing up & such like.

Next batches of bol and chilli con carne duly manufactured.

Entertainment: NCIS S17 E10 "North Pole" & S17 E11 "In the wind", this being the final Ziva ep interspersed with bits of Wynne's Welsh 80s with that opera singer advert chap: 1981.

Tea: chilli con carne etc. I hope it gets better. .

Entertainment: NZ Motorway cops interspersed with Destroyed in Seconds.

The Mentalist S1 E11

Am Dro. Rhiwfawr. Parys mountain, very coppery. Nebo. Penrhyncoch.

The Mentalist S1 E12

Megadisasters. tsunami in the Med 8000 years ago. Feck me the lack of any actual information in this bollox is striking. It rivals Ancient Aliens in its bolloxiness, needing only our fright haired friend.

Possibly the Spanish Border stuff snooker permitting. It didn't.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 February 2024, 23:10.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Damp from much overnight rain. Sunny with lumps of fluff interrupting the blue sky. Currently 11 degrees with a high of 14 expected. Barometer down to 1023 mBar.

Won't be visiting Mum today. No point spreading the lurgy.

Comment

Working...
                      X